+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test passed in Sept, no news for the past 4 months

toethumb2017

Dec 1, 2017
Tracker shows my application is still "In Progress". Nothing has been updated since I passed the test on Sept 7.

I also tried to use Webform to update my address a while ago, but CIC failed to make the change. (PS: looks like we can now use online self service to update address.)

Anyone else has experienced long delay after the test?

elgaaato

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Tracker shows my application is still "In Progress". Nothing has been updated since I passed the test on Sept 7.

I also tried to use Webform to update my address a while ago, but CIC failed to make the change. (PS: looks like we can now use online self service to update address.)

yes took the test in july, crickets since then

PEQ2013

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
I am on the same boat. I also took my test in September. The only update I had was BG turning to completed in Nov. Everything else still in progress.

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
yes took the test in july, crickets since then
Hi , do you mean even your test still shows "in progress" ?

I completed my test in November 2021, and still says "in progress" !

I tried webform a few weeks ago, and they just sent me a cut and paste response not specific to my case.

I tried to email the email where the test link came from, and they just gave me a cut and paste response not specific to my case also.

I tried calling them the last 60 days and no luck. The message just says were extremely busy and can't connect your call at this time, goodbye. But its the same thing for the past 60 days , there is nobody answering the phones. If there was someone there I would be on hold or something. I can't believe they are doing this to us. I have tried at all hours of the day, even right at 8am and 9am, and no luck.

There are 2021 applicants who already have their citizenship and passport , since they applied online. But 2020, 2019, and 2018 applicants are at the back of the line now. I'm a 2019 applicant. It seems due to the employees only having access to the online applications, those are the only ones getting worked on the last few months. Back in 2019 when I sent my application, I dont think there was online option available, only paper based.

Please see this from CTV news below :

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/soon-to-be-canadians-waiting-in-vain-to-hear-about-their-citizenship-applications-1.5728433

elgaaato

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hi , do you mean even your test still shows "in progress" ?

I completed my test in November 2021, and still says "in progress" !

I tried webform a few weeks ago, and they just sent me a cut and paste response not specific to my case.

I tried to email the email where the test link came from, and they just gave me a cut and paste response not specific to my case also.

I tried calling them the last 60 days and no luck. The message just says were extremely busy and can't connect your call at this time, goodbye. But its the same thing for the past 60 days , there is nobody answering the phones. If there was someone there I would be on hold or something. I can't believe they are doing this to us. I have tried at all hours of the day, even right at 8am and 9am, and no luck.

There are 2021 applicants who already have their citizenship and passport , since they applied online. But 2020, 2019, and 2018 applicants are at the back of the line now. I'm a 2019 applicant. It seems due to the employees only having access to the online applications, those are the only ones getting worked on the last few months. Back in 2019 when I sent my application, I dont think there was online option available, only paper based.

Please see this from CTV news below :

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/soon-to-be-canadians-waiting-in-vain-to-hear-about-their-citizenship-applications-1.5728433
my test shows completed. You should try and call early in the morning

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
my test shows completed. You should try and call early in the morning
Yes I have been trying at all hours. Monday to Friday, I start calling right at 8am everyday, every 20 mins. Always same message "We have a high volume of calls and can't connect your call, goodbye". It is not possible for them to not connect my call over 1000 times, it means nobody is at the phone lines.

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015

I have waited 7 months after test. Still waiting for oath. Did the test in July 2021.