+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Letter

ASSMan316

Feb 2, 2011
Hey I'd like to invite this girl from Mexico to stay with me and wanted to make sure this letter was good enough before giving it to her

To whom it may concern:
This is to let whomever ever may be in charge that I would very much like to invite Gabriela Lozano Campos to stay with my parents and In Wellington ont Canada. I would like her to come anywhere from between March and May or wherever the proper arrangements can be made. I would like her stay for the entire summer or longer if possible, I guess it depends on what the immigration officials decide. We’ve been talking nonestop for the past two and hope this trip will enable to take our relationship to the next level.

GUESTS:

Name:_________________________________________
Address:______________________________________________________________________
Date of Birth september 12, 1986
Telephone:___________________________
Relationship: Friend

HOSTS:
Name: Matthew_______
Address:_______
Date of Birth: January 7th 1986
Telephone: ______________
Status in Canada – Citizen By Birth
Profession: Student

If I should include anything let me know.

Also would a digital picture of my birth certificate suffice or does it have to be photocopied?

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
You may want to include who is paying for flight and accomodations. Just a thought but maybe write that she is just a friend because if they see that you are more than friends then she has ties in canada meaning that she is in relationship with a canadian they are unlikely to grant her a visitation visa. Also be more specific on the dates. She is not allowed to stay in Canada more than 6 months but if she comes here for that long specially on a first trip when landing they will question her and want to see that she can support herself financially during her stay. If you are the one that is financially supporting her during her stay then you sending the letter is ok but if you're parents are the ones supporting then the letter needs to come from them. Here is more info about visitation letters:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/letter.asp#tphp idtphp

Hope this helps out!

westy888

Jan 8, 2011
so are you saying that when i go see my girlfriend who i have visited before just the once and this will be my second time i have visited her that i say we are just friends still or that we are in a relationship iam visiting for 3 weeks this time last was 12 days just asking after reading your message lonely_wife it was only over xmas and new year i went as well and going to be there at end of this month so only like 2 months since last visit as i wasnt sure what to say and she said tell them we are in a relationship so this will help me

westy

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
hey westy... you need to give more background... are you in canada or outside of canada.. If you are outside of canada and requesting a visa from what others have said on the forum it is best to say friend cause partner kidda flags you and you may get denied entry to canada as you have ties that can keep you here... anyways hope this helps...

ASSMan316

Feb 2, 2011
Okk thanks but won't they find it odd that we wanna meet after two months when we're just friends? So if I provide specific dates, would she be able to stay longer if she wanted?(that is if the immigration officer doesn't provide a set time of course) Cause another person told be that dates in the letter aren't set in stone. And what if her visa doesn't come though by the specified date of her arrival? Or what if it comes significantly before? Could we move up the trip? lol this is soo nerving. Okk Say if she were to say she was on vacation would her chances of getting in go up? if so, then how long would she be able to stay?

Have a few more questions if u don't mind. She has an aunt that's visiting her daughter here. Would it be better for her aunt or her daughter to supply the letter? if so would she be able to visit me without them checking up on her, or is that idea as bad as it sounds? lol

Last, She got a new jobs on top of her other one just to increase her chances of obtaining a visa, but say she wants to stay for 2 months will they ask her how her stay will affect her job? and if she happens to fired, would there be trouble?

thx for all your help

ASSMan316

Feb 2, 2011
lonely_wife said:
hey westy... you need to give more background... are you in canada or outside of canada.. If you are outside of canada and requesting a visa from what others have said on the forum it is best to say friend cause partner kidda flags you and you may get denied entry to canada as you have ties that can keep you here... anyways hope this helps...
Soo okk if they don't want ties to keep them here then how are they able to apply for an increased stay or citizenship? and if by then if we had to honest about our relationship wouldn't it look bad that we lied about it early on?

lonely_wife

Dec 21, 2010
Sudbury, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2010
Doc's Request.
03-11-2010
AOR Received.
03-11-2010
File Transfer...
06-07-2010
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
19-06-2011
Was she the one that travelled to Canada 2 months ago... If so and she did not overstay why doesn't she try for a multiple entry visa as she has family in the country. She can say that she has friends and family in the country which is true. If she has never travel to canada it may be better applying for a single entry visa stating she has family and friends here and wants to visit.

I BELIEVE it is better if the letter comes from her family member so her cousin. Yes she would be able to visit you at anytime even if her cousin gave her the letter.

A letter from her job will help her when applying for the visa. As per the lenght of stay, she has 6 months in the country when she enters. From what I have seen on the forum a lot of people will get the visa and have a flight booked for 2 weeks after the arrival then once they land and are in the country change the flight date. By showing an immigration officer that she has a job letter, flight book, family in the country and not saying she is in a realtionship with a canadian this increases her chances of being able to come into the country.

Remember that a visa does not give you access into the country, it only gives you the opportunity to book and flight and leave the country of origin on that flight... There is no guarantee the officer will let her into Canada but her chances are increased if they see she has no ties.

I hope this clarifies any questions you may have you can send me a personal message if you have other questions and I can tell you more about my personal experience with my husband. Btw from your first message I see the birth dates and you and your partner are the same age as me and my hsuband :)