+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Invite with from CIT0039 ?? is this normal ?

Fanta_Nov

Jan 6, 2015
All Senior members / people who go test so far,

I am new to this forum but a frequent reader of this thread. my application details are as below however with my test notice we have received a from PROHIBITIONS UNDER THE CITIZENSHIP ACT - CIT0039(02-2008)E, is this normal ? did everyone get this form with your test notice, its wired and not sure why they sent it to us.

Application sent on September 19th 2013
Received September on September 23rd 2013
Processing Started in January 7th 2014
File Transferred in first week of March 2014(no exact date).
Test notification received on 19th December2014 for the test on 27th January 2015 at 10:30 pm

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fanta_Nov said:
All Senior members / people who go test so far,

I am new to this forum but a frequent reader of this thread. my application details are as below however with my test notice we have received a from PROHIBITIONS UNDER THE CITIZENSHIP ACT - CIT0039(02-2008)E, is this normal ? did everyone get this form with your test notice, its wired and not sure why they sent it to us.

Application sent on September 19th 2013
Received September on September 23rd 2013
Processing Started in January 7th 2014
File Transferred in first week of March 2014(no exact date).
Test notification received on 19th December2014 for the test on 27th January 2015 at 10:30 pm
What does it say on the form? are they asking for any information or to fill out the form and return it? they can't just send a form like that without any instructions.
First time I heard of it but that seems to mean they need more informations nothing to worry about

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's probably the same form handed out together with our Oath invite. Just sign it and bring it during the test and interview.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Juney said:
It's probably the same form handed out together with our Oath invite. Just sign it and bring it during the test and interview.
I don't think it is. I'm looking at my oath letter right now there is no mention of PROHIBITIONS UNDER THE CITIZENSHIP ACT - CIT0039(02-2008)E
My letter has 3 pages and on all of them it reads CIT0024.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Goldline said:
I don't think it is. I'm looking at my oath letter right now there is no mention of PROHIBITIONS UNDER THE CITIZENSHIP ACT - CIT0039(02-2008)E
My letter has 3 pages and on all of them it reads CIT0024.
As I have read previously somewhere in this forum, CIT0039 is the one that is signed before oath is taken place. If you haven't received it in the mail then you might receive it and you need to sign it before you take oath.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
As I have read previously somewhere in this forum, CIT0039 is the one that is signed before oath is taken place. If you haven't received it in the mail then you might receive it and you need to sign it before you take oath.
That's possible but the 3rd page I have needs to be signed too and it's Permission release and consent. If that's the case then they send CIT0039 to some applicants only and the other ones will receive it on the spot on oath day!!

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One of the forms is on Prohibitions, stating that you have not been involved in criminality, so this could be it. I don't remember though if it's CIT 0039.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Juney said:
One of the forms is on Prohibitions, stating that you have not been involved in criminality, so this could be it. I don't remember though if it's CIT 0039.
According to the letter I received there is no such a form but it states ...Canadian citizenship shall not be granted if the person is a......b.....c.....d.......
if you think any of these circumstances apply to you, you must inform cic on or before the day of your ceremony.

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
According to the letter I received there is no such a form but it states ...Canadian citizenship shall not be granted if the person is a......b.....c.....d.......
if you think any of these circumstances apply to you, you must inform cic on or before the day of your ceremony.
Yep that's what i'm referring to. I might have mixed up things. My bad. I don't remember clearly though the title of the form.

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received my test notice in the mail today. In addition to the test notice (CIT 0023), there is also the CIT 0039.

They also included a 2-page document:
Page 1: SPECIAL NOTICE - Information about your Citizenship Test
Page 2: IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING CITIZENSHIP OATH CEREMONIES AT THE KITCHENER CIC