+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test invite lost in mail

chertads

May 3, 2017
Hello all,

I just checked the CIC website to check the status of my application and saw that I have a test scheduled this coming Friday, May 4th. The website says that the test invite was sent to me by mail on April 12 but I didn't receive anything in the mail. I checked my email and spam folder as well but there is nothing there. I know the time and the date of my test but I don't even know where my test will be. What Should I do?
When I click the "contact us" link for the case that I need to reschedule the test it just takes me to the general page for citizenship inquiries.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
It will say mail even if emailed to you, so I would advise you to check there. Did you get other email from them previously, like AOR?

chertads

May 3, 2017
It will say mail even if emailed to you, so I would advise you to check there. Did you get other email from them previously, like AOR?
Yes, I checked again now. I don't have any emails from them even in my spam folder. For my AOR I received an email.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Yes, I checked again now. I don't have any emails from them even in my spam folder. For my AOR I received an email.
the call center will be able to send it again i think ( i kind of remember another forum member saying it); call them tomorrow around 8 AM and the wait time would be lesser...

They will be able to suggest what to do...

Good luck!

Freckle

Mar 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I just checked the CIC website to check the status of my application and saw that I have a test scheduled this coming Friday, May 4th. The website says that the test invite was sent to me by mail on April 12 but I didn't receive anything in the mail. I checked my email and spam folder as well but there is nothing there. I know the time and the date of my test but I don't even know where my test will be. What Should I do?
When I click the "contact us" link for the case that I need to reschedule the test it just takes me to the general page for citizenship inquiries.
Call the CIC centre, they will give you all the details, and will send you an email which you can print and bring with you to the test. That what they told me to do. But, eventually, I received the test invite in the mailbox.

Newchap

Jan 30, 2017
Hello all,

The same thing happened to me. I called up CIC to confirm the time and location. Then I printed the online notification and took it with me. That was accepted. CIC call centre didn't need to send me another email.

Freckle

Mar 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The same thing happened to me. I called up CIC to confirm the time and location. Then I printed the online notification and took it with me. That was accepted. CIC call centre didn't need to send me another email.
But you already have received your test invite via email.

Newchap

Jan 30, 2017
But you already have received your test invite via email.
No.

I learnt about the test invite from ecas -- the online notification system

I called up CIC to confirm that I really did have a test as I had not received any email (just as a a FYI, I still have not received the test invite email). I also confirmed with them the location and time.

I, then, printed out the notification that I had received on ecas and took it with me to the test centre.

I told them that I had not received an email but, I had printed out the Texas notification.

He accepted that printout and I wrote my test.

Reactions: ZingyDNA

Freckle

Mar 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No.

I called up CIC to confirm that I really did have a test as I had not received any email (just as a a FYI, I still have not received the test invite email). I also confirmed with them the location and time.

I, then, printed out the notification that I had received on ecas and took it with me to the test centre.

I told them that I had not received an email but, I had printed out the Texas notification.

I didn't know you can do that. They sent me an email that said which documents to bring and told me to print it out and bring it with me.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
No.

Good to know they accept ECAS printout. Thanks for letting us know!

Newchap

Jan 30, 2017
I didn't know you can do that. They sent me an email that said which documents to bring and told me to print it out and bring it with me.
I think either one will work. As long as you take all the documents they need you to bring to the test centre

This email notification, it seemed to me, was just a sort of confirmation to the person sitting at the reception to know that you are scheduled for that day. Whether you give him/her the ecas printout, the original email or a substitute email, it makes no difference to them. Your name would be called out again before you enter the test centre - sort of like a roll call.

I gave my test in Scarborough, Ontario BTW in January. The person sitting at the reception was VERY friendly.

Freckle

Mar 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think either one will work. As long as you take all the documents they need you to bring to the test centre

This email notification, it seemed to me, was just a sort of confirmation to the person sitting at the reception to know that you are scheduled for that day. Whether you give him/her the ecas printout, the original email or a substitute email, it makes no difference to them. Your name would be called out again before you enter the test centre - sort of like a roll call.

I gave my test in Scarborough, Ontario BTW in January. The person sitting at the reception was VERY friendly.
Thanks for letting us know that! I think this is very useful for those who hasn't received neither email nor the letter notification