Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2014
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
My wife and I will be in Calgary on Monday to take her citizenship test and then the citizenship ceremony will be later that same day. The following are the original documents my wife will bring with us:

notice to appear
PR card
COPR
passport
Alberta health care card
Alberta driver's licence
CELPIP results
certified translation of passport for one page not in English

When we sent in the application, I sent in copies of her PR card and driver's licence as ID. I didn't send a copy of her health care card, but we'll bring the original, anyway. Is there anything else we should bring in terms of documents? Thank you, and I trust some of our fellow Albertans from the forum will be with us that day, also.

Jim

canvan14

May 8, 2014
My wife and I will be in Calgary on Monday to take her citizenship test and then the citizenship ceremony will be later that same day. The following are the original documents my wife will bring with us:

notice to appear
PR card
COPR
passport
Alberta health care card
Alberta driver's licence
CELPIP results

When we sent in the application, I sent in copies of her PR card and driver's licence as ID. I didn't send a copy of her health care card, but we'll bring the original, anyway. Is there anything else we should bring in terms of documents? Thank you, and I trust some of our fellow Albertans from the forum will be with us that day, also.

Jim
Follow the list included on your test invite letter/email.
Having said that, in my case they checked PR card, driver license and passport stamps only.
Your list looks good.
Good luck!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012

notice to appear
PR card
COPR
passport
Alberta health care card
Alberta driver's licence
CELPIP results

Jim
I brought in almost everything you prepared (except for the translation) plus all my T-4s of the last 6 years and dental records and records of my visit to my family doctor, plus copies of the application forms and residency calculator forms...

The officer only looked the passport and PR/health card, everything else didn't even leave the folder.

But there were other people in the room who were asked to show a lot of things..

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada

notice to appear
PR card
COPR
passport
Alberta health care card
Alberta driver's licence
CELPIP results

Jim
Hey
Best of luck for test and ceremony
In how many months you test invite after getting AOR?
I am also from Calgary
thanks

JimE2013

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
File Transfer...
24-06-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2014
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
I brought in almost everything you prepared (except for the translation) plus all my T-4s of the last 6 years and dental records and records of my visit to my family doctor, plus copies of the application forms and residency calculator forms...

The officer only looked the passport and PR/health card, everything else didn't even leave the folder.

But there were other people in the room who were asked to show a lot of things..
Doesn't IRCC verify your history as a taxpayer in Canada? I seem to remember a portion on the application form where you must indicate you have a SIN and then IRCC verifies your eligibility with CRA. I guess I'm wondering why T4s were provided knowing that IRCC verifies with CRA.

Jim

JimE2013

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
File Transfer...
24-06-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2014
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
Hey
Best of luck for test and ceremony
In how many months you test invite after getting AOR?
I am also from Calgary
thanks
Thank you! Five months and one week.

Jim

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Doesn't IRCC verify your history as a taxpayer in Canada? I seem to remember a portion on the application form where you must indicate you have a SIN and then IRCC verifies your eligibility with CRA. I guess I'm wondering why T4s were provided knowing that IRCC verifies with CRA.

Jim
I am aware of that, but you never know if your officer would be in a bad mood and want to ask about things she/he already knows. The guy in front of me were asked to provide translation for every single page of his passport , a week earlier at the same office someone was asked to provide CBSA report - which is something he already gave consent to IRCC to pull directly . So, just to be safe, bring everything you can think of

JimE2013

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
File Transfer...
24-06-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2014
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
Here's an update. My wife and I got back from Calgary. She is now a Canadian citizen. :) They asked to see her PR card, driver's licence and passport. That was it. Thank you to everyone for your help. :) It was a long journey, but it was definitely worth the wait.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

canadian.dream1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
1) do they go through each passport entry exit stamp during eligibility period?
2) there are quite a few that usa and canada hasn't stamped while entering or exiting. if i apply for cbsa now, they will send record after 3 months whereas canadian immigration officers can probably retrieve that info much quicker.

JimE2013

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
File Transfer...
24-06-2013
Med's Done....
02-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2014
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
1) do they go through each passport entry exit stamp during eligibility period?
2) there are quite a few that usa and canada hasn't stamped while entering or exiting. if i apply for cbsa now, they will send record after 3 months whereas canadian immigration officers can probably retrieve that info much quicker.
I assume they would, but in my wife's case, it was easy since she had never left Canada after becoming a permanent resident.

Jim

Reactions: canadian.dream1