+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test after RQ - Mississauga office

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Hi all,
I got test invite letter to appear for test on Sept. 15th in Mississauga office. Previously I got RQ last year OCt. and applied in July 2014. I submitted RQ to St. Claire as I got RQ and FP request from St. Claire. Does this mean my RQ is processed? I know one of my friend whose RQ was processed when he did the test and he got oath after 2 weeks of the test. Whats your experience.

I also did ATIP recently. It does not show anything related to RQ being assigned or processed. After FP passed, test invite sent information is there.

Thanks.

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
skhan123 said:
Hi all,
I got test invite letter to appear for test on Sept. 15th in Mississauga office. Previously I got RQ last year OCt. and applied in July 2014. I submitted RQ to St. Claire as I got RQ and FP request from St. Claire. Does this mean my RQ is processed? I know one of my friend whose RQ was processed when he did the test and he got oath after 2 weeks of the test. Whats your experience.

I also did ATIP recently. It does not show anything related to RQ being assigned or processed. After FP passed, test invite sent information is there.

Thanks.
Normally Pre Test RQ been processed before test invite. My educated guess and people I have known who got RQ before test tell me that your RQ been processed.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
I have similar situation as your and have been called for Test on Sep 15. The only difference is that I had sent my RQ docs to Mississauga office and I had got a CIT 0171.

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Sapguru, Good to know that you have same day test too. Are you in Mississauga also?

CIT 0171 is the main RQ which I also got. Did you get something else too?

Lets keep in touch.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
I was asked to do a FP as well. For RQ, I sent docs to Mississauga office. I live in Mississauga. Good luck to you as well!

I haven't finalized the list of doc that I will carry. Is it the same as mentioned in the letter - passport, pr, landing paper, IDs? As part of RQ, I had submitted more docs but I did not maintain a list of those docs.

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Mine FP was also done.

To be on safe side, I will take all the docs. which i sent in RQ (at least the softcopies) and carry laptop in case the officer ask for it.

OHIP records and pay slips are important I think and translation of non-english stamp is any.

Good Luck

KHALED M

Mar 26, 2013
I did the test on March 2013 and I have passed the test,but unfortunately the office asked me to fill the forms RQ to proof of my physical presence in Canada which I did on March 2013,till date I didn't receive any update from CIC office.
45 months passed from the day I submitted my citizenship application and I am still counting for the oath .
anyone same as my case and why all of such delays?

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
sapguru said:
Do they allow to bring electronics like laptop or cellphone in the centre?
One of my friends did take the laptop with him in the bag for just in case. But he did not need to use it.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
KHALED M said:
I did the test on March 2013 and I have passed the test,but unfortunately the office asked me to fill the forms RQ to proof of my physical presence in Canada which I did on March 2013,till date I didn't receive any update from CIC office.
45 months passed from the day I submitted my citizenship application and I am still counting for the oath .
anyone same as my case and why all of such delays?
Check this forum where people applied for mandamus post 36 months of wait after the application was filed.

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Hi Sapguru,
How was your test and interview experience? Mine test was passed and after checking docs. the officer told that we will get oath call within 2-3 months if no more docs. are required. The officer said she did not review the RQ yet and she will review it in the meantime.

Did you also ask about your RQ? was that reviewed. Also what she said about Oath in your case. Please share.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Congrats!

I have similar experience. The officer went through the RQ docs and checked my tax notice of assessment. After reviewing the file, he told that the case looks good and I should get invitation for Oath in 2-3 months.

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
So in your case the officer reviewed the RQ docs. with you. I think those were applications docs. at least in my case.
Also they interviewed me and my wife separately. Was your also family application and interviewed separately?

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
No family member in my application. Not sure why they RQed my application in first instance. The only reason I can think is that I worked in US before moving to Canada.