+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Terrible Mistake

AlberMex

Star Member
May 8, 2008
Guadalajara Mexico
Hello everyone,

I applied in Mexico in October 2006, My documents were requested the 26 September 2008, I sent my documents at the end of October 2008, through my lawyer. In May 2009 I received communication from the visa office because my lawyer wrote them an email a month before to ask for an update, they answered with a letter requesting some forms to be completed and original IELTS (the lawyer only sent the copy), but in that letter the visa office said that those documents were requested on November 14 2008, and till today they have not received anything, so my lawyer did not receive that email or did not read it. So in conclusion I am here waiting and waiting for 7 months for nothing...just because a terrible mistake.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
its terrible, but on the positive side, at least you found the mistake/error before it was too late. I am glad you know now so you can get it sorted out. Good luck.

AlberMex

Star Member
May 8, 2008
Guadalajara Mexico
Thank you rupeshhari, I was in a very very high risk to be refused since December, the immigration officer was very kind with me, it is amazing why the lawyer did not read that email.

domingo

Jan 20, 2009
AlberMex said:
Thank you rupeshhari, I was in a very very high risk to be refused since December, the immigration officer was very kind with me, it is amazing why the lawyer did not read that email.
Sometimes emails for no reason tagged as spam and may be delivered directly to trash. Also, I find that CIC did mentioned that they will communicate via email, but so far in my case they are using regular mail.

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
Did the cic tell you that they requested documents on 14th November 2008 by email? I doubt. They might have sent by regular mail and there could be postal errors. It is also possible that the office of your representative overlooked the request. All is well that ends well. To my knowledge all local visa office specific instructions do require original IELTS. Your representative must know this.