+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Termination Live-in caregiver

CAMIL

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
hi guys,

just want to ask,is the employer can terminate the caregiver while in vacation?this is my friend situation.she ask permission to her employer if she can have vacation the employer said yes.but someone told my friend that yeah your employer said yes you can but when you go back here in canada to resume your work when you arrive in vancouver the immigration will ask you to going back home coz the employer terminate you.is that possible happen?thank you.hope you can help my friend situation im just helping here to ask here in this furom coz she's not a member yet..thank you so much...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
CAMIL said:
hi guys,

just want to ask,is the employer can terminate the caregiver while in vacation?this is my friend situation.she ask permission to her employer if she can have vacation the employer said yes.but someone told my friend that yeah your employer said yes you can but when you go back here in canada to resume your work when you arrive in vancouver the immigration will ask you to going back home coz the employer terminate you.is that possible happen?thank you.hope you can help my friend situation im just helping here to ask here in this furom coz she's not a member yet..thank you so much...
I personally has not heard of an employee getting terminated while on vacation and has unsuccessfully found any information about such. But if your friend has a valid visa and work permit and a letter from her employer allowing her to go on a vacation (which is two weeks to a month duration), I don't think she should have any problem. BTW, the employer has to give the caregiver due notice or pay the caregiver in lieu of notice, if s/he decides to terminate her services.

kitt1517

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
I agree with job_seeker. Now your friend is in the same situation with me I'm going to take 2 weeks vacation to go visit my family at my country. What type of her visa. I'm multiple entry visa. I asked the immigration consultant about it she said it's gonna be OK but I have make sure my multiple entry visa and work permit are valid upon your intended return to Canada.

I hope this gonna help.