+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Terminated from Work

emay0215

Jul 2, 2019
Good morning! I was wondering if you can give me some advice what happened to me.

I am new in Canada got a visa and work permit. About 2 months now, I worked in a Hotel and got terminated after 2 months without any reasons. They told me that at this moment it doesn't really matter as per the owner of the hotel. I was wondering what to do now, I already contact Philippine Embassy and POLO Toronto about this issue. And also I have 2 friends who just came here, same contract with me, they just cancel our employment.

is the government will send us back home? We need help thank u

And we have a close work permit. We cannot work in any hotel aside from the one we have in our permit

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Good morning! I was wondering if you can give me some advice what happened to me.

I am new in Canada got a visa and work permit. About 2 months now, I worked in a Hotel and got terminated after 2 months without any reasons. They told me that at this moment it doesn't really matter as per the owner of the hotel. I was wondering what to do now, I already contact Philippine Embassy and POLO Toronto about this issue. And also I have 2 friends who just came here, same contract with me, they just cancel our employment.

is the government will send us back home? We need help thank u

And we have a close work permit. We cannot work in any hotel aside from the one we have in our permit
check your employment contract, was there a probationary period? it is common to have a 90 day probationary period where the employer can terminate without reason.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately you would need to apply all over again. How did you get this job? Did you pay an agency to get this job? I would report this situation to the Canadian government. The hotel should not be bringing over foreign multiple workers only to lay them off 2 months later. Things happen but not to 3 workers at the same time after working for 2 months unless the hotel is shutting down.

emay0215

Jul 2, 2019
Unfortunately you would need to apply all over again. How did you get this job? Did you pay an agency to get this job? I would report this situation to the Canadian government. The hotel should not be bringing over foreign multiple workers only to lay them off 2 months later. Things happen but not to 3 workers at the same time after working for 2 months unless the hotel is shutting down.
Hi

We we're hired directly from New Orleans USA. They offer us this job in a hotel. I called the Ministry of Labour they a lady from customer service told me that they can do that anytime. And the hotel is not shutting down. We are looking for a job that will support LMIA and thats the difficult one to find one. Since we are only Temporary foreign worker

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Well the Ministry of Labour would be for the Labour laws for the particular province your are in. they would just look and see if an employer can let you go within the probationary period. I would escalate the issue directly with the ESDC, who approves LMIA's and the TFW Program.
The second link is for the Integrity Program with Service Canada. Integrity Services is the branch of the ESDC that ensures compliance with LMIA's, and would look into this particular issue of bringing three foreign nationals into the country, then letting them go only two months into their contract
The first link is for the Employer Contact Centre for the ESDC, they MIGHT be able to assist you, but more then likely they will refer you to the second, Integrity
Here is a question, Where any individuals let go, who were NOT on the LMIA/TFW program ?

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/processing-centres.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/fraud.html

Service Canada Confidential Tip Line at 1-866-602-9448

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There are no other jobs you are qualified to do in Canada. You would have to get a new work permit from an employer who has an LMIA or who is willing to apply for one.