+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tenancy agreement

RamMur

Aug 17, 2015
Good Day all,

I have rented a condo town house in Toronto. My family will be moving to Canada after few months. Meanwhile I am renting out the rooms. I have signed an agreement with the owner company of the condo property. Do I need to get a signed agreement from my tenants for subletting the rooms. Do I need to take any insurance for renting out the rooms. Is there any other precaution I need to take. Kindly clarify.

ALRIVAS

Star Member
May 8, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-1994
Hi RamMur read your contract very carefully if you signed with a management company is very likely you are not allowed to sublet because of the risk involved.
If you rent a room the tenant becomes your tenant and the tenant is responsible for content insurance as you are for yours.
I'm very positive that if your landlord finds out you rented a room he or she won't be happy.

RamMur

Aug 17, 2015
Thanks for the response. Apart from that concern is there any other legal issue that I should take care?

Ram

Imran ktk

Jan 10, 2016
Hi... I am going to break the tenancy contract. can anybody advise to minimize the damages on my part...thanks

ALRIVAS

Star Member
May 8, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-1994
Hi Imran ktk best way I 've seen is pay an extra month take your loss and leave.