+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

tempraray permit holder in a crises

KS

Dec 7, 2008
Ha im KS from calgary.I brought here on a temprary permit visa.I sended my paers to Nursing Board to activate my temparay permit.But here i came to know that i need to resubmit english proficiency exam again.For this reason i took exams thrice but i did not able to make it.Now im survivng here with out any job with any financial support.i requested employer to atleast leme start a job as a nursing aide atleast so that i can handle the financial crises and can feed my self.but they said they are not in a desperate condition to hire a foreign worker as a nursing aide.im completely lost here.plz help me what to do in this siatuation ?
KS

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Its obvious from your post that your english is not up to standard,Find another Profession as a a Care Aide or Something else,Your work permit is valid,Why not work in Mcdonalds or Tim Hortons

KS

Dec 7, 2008
thanks for reply
i can't apply because my pemit is restricted to one employer and restricted position.is there any ways to change the conditions of work permit.
thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, if you find another job, your employer can apply for an LMO and you can apply to change your work permit to that employer.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is not the business of your previous employer. Work permit is not slavery. You are free to look for another job and apply for work permit change any time.

KS

Dec 7, 2008
ok thanks very much
let say i if give interview to my new employer will they ask me the reason that y im not doing job for the first employer.n do u have any idea that from where i can find the new job as im international applicant but living in calgary so some times employers are reluctant to hire international applicant.

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Be honest and explain that you are currently in the country, if the employer is willing to employ you or offer you a job then you could apply for a permit. I am notsure about your situation weather for you to get another work permit you need to do english. Which i doubt as you are not applying for a trp. Best advise land yourself on a job and then proceeed for a work permit without a job offer you wont get a work permit.

Good luck

KS

Dec 7, 2008
ha
i read the cic web site and came to know that they have change the policy for the immigration.My profession is in the NOC list.im here in calgary for 6 mnths and i wanted to apply for the permenant resident.so being living here do i still need to give the IELTS exam for the immigration.
thanks