+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Worker Status.. Please Help..

richmond29

May 16, 2014
Hi! I am a fish plant worker here in NB, a seasonal job, my work permit expired last December 31,2013. We have 90 days to apply for the restoration of status and I applied online for my restoration and work permit last March 22,2014.. then the CIC sent me a request letter of my passport in April 4 and it says I can submit it until April 24,2014. I send my scanned passport on the same date (April 4,2014) and they read it April 11, but after 2 weeks my application status it's still open so I always call the cic representative to ask why my application is delayed because I suppose to work in May 1, they always say just wait for the decision of the officer, but it took a month and its still open,in May 5,2014 I saw on the right side of my submitted passport is a button of update, so I click update then the date of my provided passport change from April 4 to May 5, i don't know why that happen then CIC read it on May 9, then on May 13 i received an email from the cic that my application for restoration and work permit was refused, and due to the 90 days lapse I must leave Canada immediately.. I called the cic to ask why and I told them I submit the requested passport last April 4 but they don't believe me and they said I don't have any other choice but to leave Canada.. I have all the valid documents for the application why I am being refused? why should I leave Canada? My co-workers applied for their restoration and work permit last March 30,2014 and they are approved.. I don't know why I am the only one being refused. I hope there is somebody in the immigration read this post.. I hope you give me another chance because I don't do anything wrong. I have a positive LMO and contract and all the legal documents needed.. please give me chance to stay and work here. :'( I feel so unfair

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If CIC have told you that you must leave Canada immediately you have no real choice. It may be unfair but the very last thing you need is to be "removed" from Canada. If you have all the documents needed, apply from outside.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did they request that you send your actual passport and you sent them a copy? Could that be the problem?

In any case, I agree that if they told you to leave immediately, you should leave immediately or you will have even more problems. If you have the LMO and all contracts, you can apply again from outside Canada.