+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Worker Permit for Part Time

math

May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a job offer for a 2 year contract job in Canada, the company will provide me training as well, which upon successful completion I will receive a certificate. As well I will be paid during the course. The company says I work part time with full time hours because of the union. They assured me I will get 40 hours a week they just cant write it on paper but they can say I will get full time hours. The company will write me a letter for my work permit, as well I have friends in Canada allowing me to stay with them rent free while I work in Canada. Will this be enough to get permit?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

math said:
I have a job offer for a 2 year contract job in Canada, the company will provide me training as well, which upon successful completion I will receive a certificate. As well I will be paid during the course. The company says I work part time with full time hours because of the union. They assured me I will get 40 hours a week they just cant write it on paper but they can say I will get full time hours. The company will write me a letter for my work permit, as well I have friends in Canada allowing me to stay with them rent free while I work in Canada. Will this be enough to get permit?
1. The employer would need to obtain an LMO and HRSDC will not approve it for part time work.
2. It is also unlikely that a training position could not be filled by a Canadian or PR so another reason HRSDC would probably refuse.