+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary work visa of less than 6month

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
And after that what do I do
Follow the link on my email and apply
You need to talk to your employer. They may need advice from consultant or lawyer as they first need to file for LMIA exemption with your job offer for your internship/outreach. Then once approved you file for a work permit.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/partners-service-providers/employer-portal.html

You say others have come to Canada for the same training and outreach. Maybe IRCC is wanting work permits now because there is work involved.

SolBi

Jul 12, 2022
You need to talk to your employer. They may need advice from consultant or lawyer as they first need to file for LMIA exemption with your job offer for your internship/outreach. Then once approved you file for a work permit.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/partners-service-providers/employer-portal.html

You say others have come to Canada for the same training and outreach. Maybe IRCC is wanting work permits now because there is work involved.
There has always been an outreach phase yet others have come in through the VISITOR VISA.
the school sent a fee exempt later which states I’m a LMIA exempt but ask Ed me to apply for a visitor visa which I did and after two months of waiting I got this email. I’m just confused about the whole process.
With the above email I sent do I need to start all over or reply with a yes

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
There has always been an outreach phase yet others have come in through the VISITOR VISA.
the school sent a fee exempt later which states I’m a LMIA exempt but ask Ed me to apply for a visitor visa which I did and after two months of waiting I got this email. I’m just confused about the whole process.
With the above email I sent do I need to start all over or reply with a yes
So your organization said it is LMIA exempt (since you are working) but then asked you to apply for a visitor visa? A letter is not enough u less your organization has submitted an offer of employement through the Employer Portal. The organization will be given an offer of employment number. With the number you can apply for your permit. Where do you live?

Last edited:

SolBi

Jul 12, 2022
So your organization said it is LMIA exempt but then asked you to apply for a visitor visa? A letter is not enough u less your organization has submitted an offer of employement through the Employer Portal. The organization will be given an offer of employment number. With the number you can apply for your permit. Where do you live?
[/QUOTEcan we talk in private pls?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry no private PMs. You need to talk to your organization and find out if they have submitted paper work through the the employer Portal. By stating in your invitation letter that your studies are LMIA exempt then the organization has said that you will be working. So your organization should be telling/guiding you what to do since you need a work permit.

SolBi

Jul 12, 2022
Sorry no private PMs. You need to talk to your organization and find out if they have submitted paper work through the the employer Portal. By stating in your invitation letter that your studies are LMIA exempt then the organization has said that you will be working. So your organization should be telling/guiding you what to do since you need a work permit.
Ok thanks but from the email the immigration sent
It seems like they just want me to confirm by email but reapply for work permit or I’m in getting it wrong
From their last sentence?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok thanks but from the email the immigration sent
It seems like they just want me to confirm by email but reapply for work permit or I’m in getting it wrong
From their last sentence?
They want to know that you have applied for a work permit since you need one. To do so, your organization needs to have done paperwork and given you the offer of employment number.