+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary work permit

Rrizwan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
I am currently living in Pakistan. I have been offered to get a Canadian work permit having a duration of 1 year by my friend.
He ll be charging almost 32000 Canadian dollars from me . I won't be giving him a single penny until I don't get my work permit. He also told me that I can verify my work permit from any authority before paying him. My sister and brother in law are living in Edmonton , and If I get entrance to Canada then it ll be much more easier for me to extend the duration of my work permit.
I am also planning that once I get my work permit, I ll send the scanned copy of this to my sister in order to get it verified by the Canadian embassy.
Please! Give me your valuable suggestions , I ll be really thankful to you guys .
My friend is just asking for my passport, 4 pictures, police character certificate and A Family Registration Certificate in order to start the process of getting this work permit.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Really this is a friend and you want to pay 32000 dollars for a permit that costs a few hundred dollars.

The way it works is an employer would apply for an LMIA, cost 1000 dollars, after advertising the job for a few months and then if successful a work permit costing not more than a few hundred. Actually getting an LMIA approved is a challenge for any employer to justify currently due to COVID as they have to show no resident is available for any job.

This sounds like a scam and something no matter how desparate you are you should run away from, thats my opinion anyway given your so called friend cannot even guarantee you will get a work permit unless is a forgery.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am currently living in Pakistan. I have been offered to get a Canadian work permit having a duration of 1 year by my friend.
He ll be charging almost 32000 Canadian dollars from me . I won't be giving him a single penny until I don't get my work permit. He also told me that I can verify my work permit from any authority before paying him. My sister and brother in law are living in Edmonton , and If I get entrance to Canada then it ll be much more easier for me to extend the duration of my work permit.
I am also planning that once I get my work permit, I ll send the scanned copy of this to my sister in order to get it verified by the Canadian embassy.
Please! Give me your valuable suggestions , I ll be really thankful to you guys .
My friend is just asking for my passport, 4 pictures, police character certificate and A Family Registration Certificate in order to start the process of getting this work permit.
This sounds like a scam. The Canadian embassy will no verify the validity of the work permit. You most likely won't find out if it's fake or not until you try boarding a plane and then entering Canada. If you really want to do something this stupid, then don't give him the money until you are in Canada.

It will not be easier to extend your work permit if you can get entrance to Canada. The process will be the same. You will still need a job offer and the employer will need to obtain an approved LMIA so that you can apply for a closed work permit.

Lalit7891

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Hi, i would soon be applying for my pgwp inside Canada, however, I just want to know if it’s possible to go back to my home country(India) while awaiting the decision, also is it possible to renew my expired trv in India incase my application for pgwp which I applied for within Canada gets accepted ?
Thanks a lot !

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
You only get work permit when you actually fly in to Canada at the point of entry. You may get a temporary resident visa in your country but I think this might well be a scam. Do you have a job offer? I only paid less than 700 USD for work permit application for me and my family.

Rrizwan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
This sounds like a scam. The Canadian embassy will no verify the validity of the work permit. You most likely won't find out if it's fake or not until you try boarding a plane and then entering Canada. If you really want to do something this stupid, then don't give him the money until you are in Canada.

It will not be easier to extend your work permit if you can get entrance to Canada. The process will be the same. You will still need a job offer and the employer will need to obtain an approved LMIA so that you can apply for a closed work permit.
U r expert and I totally believe in you. What u r saying is that I can get work permit on the port of entry of Canada and nowhere else?
Please guide me if i get a stamped visa on my passport from my friend then which kind of visa would it be.
Moreover, it is quite astonishing that why Canadian embassy will not be verifying that the visa is genuine or fake.
My brother in law is living in Edmonton, and i was planning that once i get visa then i ll send the scan of my visa to my brother -in -law in order to get it checked that whether it is genuine or fake.
Please guide me u r really respected people and I respect your pieces of advice.

Rrizwan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
You only get work permit when you actually fly in to Canada at the point of entry. You may get a temporary resident visa in your country but I think this might well be a scam. Do you have a job offer? I only paid less than 700 USD for work permit application for me and my family.
My bro in law is well settled in Canada.The extension of work permit will not be a difficult task for me. My only question is that if i get this temporary resident visa how I can get it verified that it is genuine or fake. Moreover, if i get my passport from Canadian consulate which is situated in Pakistan then the visa will be genuine or fake! How can i check it?

Rrizwan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
U r expert and I totally believe in you. What u r saying is that I can get work permit on the port of entry of Canada and nowhere else?
Please guide me if i get a stamped visa on my passport from my friend then which kind of visa would it be.
Moreover, it is quite astonishing that why Canadian embassy will not be verifying that the visa is genuine or fake.
My brother in law is living in Edmonton, and i was planning that once i get visa then i ll send the scan of my visa to my brother -in -law in order to get it checked that whether it is genuine or fake.
Please guide me u r really respected people and I respect your pieces of advice.
Really this is a friend and you want to pay 32000 dollars for a permit that costs a few hundred dollars.

The way it works is an employer would apply for an LMIA, cost 1000 dollars, after advertising the job for a few months and then if successful a work permit costing not more than a few hundred. Actually getting an LMIA approved is a challenge for any employer to justify currently due to COVID as they have to show no resident is available for any job.

This sounds like a scam and something no matter how desparate you are you should run away from, thats my opinion anyway given your so called friend cannot even guarantee you will get a work permit unless is a forgery.

Rrizwan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019

My bro in law is well settled in Canada.The extension of work permit will not be a difficult task for me. My only question is that if i get this temporary resident visa how I can get it verified that it is genuine or fake. Moreover, if i get my passport from Canadian consulate which is situated in Pakistan then the visa will be genuine or fake! How can i check it?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Apply for the TRV directly through the IRCC web site using the link below. Then you will know the TRV is real. Don't apply through an agent.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You should apply for the work permit yourself through the official IRCC website. Then you will know the work permit is real. You will need a job offer from the employer and an approved LMIA. Use the link below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/apply.html

If your friend gets your passport stamped with a visa, then I would say that's a huge sign it's fake.

Reactions: Rrizwan and YVR123

Rrizwan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019

Rrizwan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
This is my last query please answer it!
I have talked about everything that u told me in order to check that my work permit is fake or genuine.
He told me that I ll receive my passport at the end from the Canadian consulate which is in Pakistani city Islamabad.
Moreover, he also assured me that I ll also be able to check the status of my application.
Now please tell me that how it ll be possible for me to check the status of a paper based application.Also, tell me that which kind of visa I ll get in order to get to Canada because work permit will be issued at the port of entry of Canada.
How will i know that what will be the duration of work permit that i ll get at the port of entry?
Will I be able to switch to another employer in Canada regardless the nature of work permit which I ll get at the port of entry?
I mean it ll be easy for me to work with an employer who ll be willing to hire me ?
Could u also tell me that which kind of work permits can be extended?

Please reply me ... I ll be really thankful

It's really crucial phase of my life, and I don't want to be a victim of scammer. But he is assuring me that I ll be able to check everything and i ll get my passport from Canadian consulate!!

Rrizwan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019

is my last query please answer it!
I have talked about everything that u told me in order to check that my work permit is fake or genuine.
He told me that I ll receive my passport at the end from the Canadian consulate which is in Pakistani city Islamabad.
Moreover, he also assured me that I ll also be able to check the status of my application.
Now please tell me that how it ll be possible for me to check the status of a paper based application.Also, tell me that which kind of visa I ll get in order to get to Canada because work permit will be issued at the port of entry of Canada.
How will i know that what will be the duration of work permit that i ll get at the port of entry?
Will I be able to switch to another employer in Canada regardless the nature of work permit which I ll get at the port of entry?
I mean it ll be easy for me to work with an employer who ll be willing to hire me ?

It's really crucial phase of my life, and I don't want to be a victim of scammer. But he is assuring me that I ll be able to check everything and i ll get my passport from Canadian consulate!!

Rrizwan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019

This is my last query please answer it.