+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary work permit to permanent residency?

YPal

Star Member
Mar 19, 2011
Sorry my bad, I posted it under the wrong subject. What if one applies for Permanent Residency through the express system and an approved LMIA? If approved, is the worker then under any obligation to work for the employer?
Does anyone know about it?

crissiron

Mar 14, 2017
No - you won't have permanent residency once you are approved to work for this employer. You will only be allowed to live and work in Canada temporarily under the work permit.

Applying for permanent residency is a completely separate process.
Isn’t it that getting a job offer would give you additional CRS points if you have an Express Entry profile? Wouldn’t the job being offered to him be enough for him to apply for a Federal skilled migration under EE? Can you pls enlighten as I am also confused? Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Isn’t it that getting a job offer would give you additional CRS points if you have an Express Entry profile? Wouldn’t the job being offered to him be enough for him to apply for a Federal skilled migration under EE? Can you pls enlighten as I am also confused? Thanks.
A job offer isn't sufficient to get additional points under Express Entry. You also need an approved LMIA. If you have an approved LMIA, then yes - you can get additional CRS points. But that's not what the OP was asking. He was asking if you become a PR as soon as you are approved for a work permit.

If you have further questions about EE and CRS points - I would recommend you join the Express Entry section of the forum.

YPal

Star Member
Mar 19, 2011
A job offer isn't sufficient to get additional points under Express Entry. You also need an approved LMIA. If you have an approved LMIA, then yes - you can get additional CRS points. But that's not what the OP was asking. He was asking if you become a PR as soon as you are approved for a work permit.

If you have further questions about EE and CRS points - I would recommend you join the Express Entry section of the forum.
Okay but if one works temporary jobs without LMIA, one can add that to Canadian experience when applying to express entry afterwards right?