+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

temporary work permit or international experience canada

junimoon

Dec 27, 2013
Hallo everyone :)

I am a student and I did an internship in Canada from august to december with an international experience canada-work and travel visa. Now I went back home but I have again a job offer from the same company to come back in march and do again an internship till october.
My problem now is that march is very soon and with international experience canada it can take 2 months or more to receive the visa.

Friends told me that I should just apply for a normal temporary work permit, this just takes 10 days. But if I want to apply for this they want to have letters from my current employer, letters from former employers and much more. But I am just a student. Can I still apply for this visa and just say I don't have all this because I am a student or is this just not the right visa for me and I have to go with the work and travel visa?

Or are there any other possibilities?

Thank you for your help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You have two options:

1) Apply for another international experience visa.

2) Apply for a temporary work permit. However to qualify, your company will first need to obtain an approved Labour Market Opinion. This process will take at least three months and based on the information you have provided, I think there is a low chance the LMO will be approved (to be approved, your employer must prove they advertised the internship and were unable to find a Canadian to tak the role).

I think the international experience visa is your only real option.

junimoon

Dec 27, 2013
Yes, I could apply to the young professional category.
However, I don't think I need a LMO. In the list of people who don't need one is written:
Academics and students
This includes researchers, guest lecturers, visiting professors and other

And I will work in research...

yenster

Jan 13, 2014
As your situation u can definitely apply for the regular work permit cos the company has already offer you a job, I dun think u can apply for IEC again cos as I know u have to be under 30; IEC cant be renew or extend, maximum staying is up to a yr; and also IEC takes 200 ppl every year start from 1st Jan(200 ppl for last yr dunno if they change on 2014). So the best way is apply work permit with your company letter. Hope my info is useful for you.