+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Work Permit for the spouse of the student VISA holder

rachaya

May 3, 2014
Hi All,

I am a software developer. My wife is a MBA. I want to do some higher study in Canada, either MBA or MS.In that case is it possible that my wife get an open work permit and by using that open work permit is she able to get any full time job according to her qualifications?

With Thanks
Chayan

Revolute

Apr 1, 2014
You can apply for spouse OWP along with your Study permit application.She can apply for a job once she gets OWP.

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
Where are you applying from ? If you are applying from India, I would advice you to just apply for spouse visa first and once you come here, apply for her open work permit. Thats less risky.

rachaya said:
Hi All,

I am a software developer. My wife is a MBA. I want to do some higher study in Canada, either MBA or MS.In that case is it possible that my wife get an open work permit and by using that open work permit is she able to get any full time job according to her qualifications?

With Thanks
Chayan

rachaya

May 3, 2014
thanks for reply. I will apply from india. but thing is that without open work permit for my spouse i am unable to complete my studies. so please tell me is there any propability that my spouse will not get owp. or what are the criterias of the owp for my spouse? waiting for ur reply.