+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Visiting Visa For Ex Indian Army Officer Parent

pallavichauhan88

Sep 16, 2015
Yes, you would need to provide complete details, including the locations where he was posted + his work details and the tenure for each location/each posting
Thank you so much for your response. It really helps.
I was only thinking if it will be an issue to mention the postings as an active army officer, from army perspective.
Also, would it mean rejection of my PR application due to my husband's job?
Any idea or advice on the above?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you so much for your response. It really helps.
I was only thinking if it will be an issue to mention the postings as an active army officer, from army perspective.
Also, would it mean rejection of my PR application due to my husband's job?
Any idea or advice on the above?
You would need to provide the complete details of your husband's postings, especially if he had been posted to border areas and/or served in a war and/or worked in intelligence/sensitive information areas. This is required for background checks.

Although your husband is non-accompanying, he would need to go through background checks and medicals. And, it is possible that your PR processing could take much longer than the stated times due to your husband's background checks

Reactions: pallavichauhan88

Kaur_anticipating

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi All,

I am stuck in the same situation.
My Father is ex army retired 5 years back. we applied via a paper application a tourist visa for my father and mother to visit us here in Canada. Its already been more than a month, which is when I realised and read these posts that there are huge delays in visa for ex army personnel.

I have a few questions and your help or inputs will be highly appreciated -

1) As both my parents have applied together , Will my mother's visa who is a housewife also be delayed and both visa for my father and mother come together only ? (they have both applied 2 paper application submitted together)

2) My parents have valid US visas, and they need to travel next month to US for a wedding, but as in the paper application both their passports are currently submitted with Delhi VO. Can they retrieve just their passports for this travel? If yes, then what is the procedure and how much time will passport retrieval take.

3) In case as point 2, they get their passports while their application is still processed , Once the application is completed successfully, can they submit their passports in US or any other VO for stamping ? What would be the procedure there? will they have to contact respective VO first and get an approval to submit passports in US?

4) Any current timelines for Visa for ex army personnel these days? any one who has got the visa recently or submitted the application, kindly share your views.

Thanks a lot for all your help and apologies for a long post.
We are really worried as all our travel plans are in a fix due to this delay, as we went by the 28 days processing time as per the CIC site.

Pks34

Feb 11, 2019
Hi, I am following this thread. My situation is pretty similar but for my spouse. I work in USA and my spouse is active in army back home. I have got ITA and while filling for PR I have to mention my husbands personal history and military experience. Should I enter all the locations he has been posted? Since, he is active, he is not planning to accompany me. I file my PR as single applicant but still need to provide Husband's information.
Hi
I have the same situation as u have mentioned in your post. My spouse is an active army person. Can u pls share your experience and tell me what is the result of ur application .It will be a great help.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Hi All,

I am stuck in the same situation.
My Father is ex army retired 5 years back. we applied via a paper application a tourist visa for my father and mother to visit us here in Canada. Its already been more than a month, which is when I realised and read these posts that there are huge delays in visa for ex army personnel.

I have a few questions and your help or inputs will be highly appreciated -

1) As both my parents have applied together , Will my mother's visa who is a housewife also be delayed and both visa for my father and mother come together only ? (they have both applied 2 paper application submitted together)

2) My parents have valid US visas, and they need to travel next month to US for a wedding, but as in the paper application both their passports are currently submitted with Delhi VO. Can they retrieve just their passports for this travel? If yes, then what is the procedure and how much time will passport retrieval take.

3) In case as point 2, they get their passports while their application is still processed , Once the application is completed successfully, can they submit their passports in US or any other VO for stamping ? What would be the procedure there? will they have to contact respective VO first and get an approval to submit passports in US?

4) Any current timelines for Visa for ex army personnel these days? any one who has got the visa recently or submitted the application, kindly share your views.

Thanks a lot for all your help and apologies for a long post.
We are really worried as all our travel plans are in a fix due to this delay, as we went by the 28 days processing time as per the CIC site.
How long did it take for your application to finally come through?