+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary visiting visa declined

therealboss

Mar 1, 2018
Good day, pls I need your advice base on the fact that I applied for a temporary visiting visa to Canada on the basics of going for a conference but my application was rejected.
I provided the following documents to support my application.
1. My bank statement which I have enough fund
2. The conference details and hotel bookings
3. All necessary information about my work place in my place of work including letter of leave vacation which is one of the reason I want to use the opportunity to go for the conference and come back to my pay job
4. My marriage certificate
5. Family details including my wife, child and parents but i was still rejected base on the following reasons from the commision of Canada that
* They are not satisfied that I will leave Canada at the end of my stay as a temporary resident as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on my travel history.
* They are not satisfied that I will leave Canada at the end of my stay as temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR , based on the purpose of my visit.
Please I will love to reapply but I need more enlightment on how to get it right now

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Please I will love to reapply but I need more enlightment on how to get it right now
As you previously applied for a Business TRV to attend a conference, a new application (if you reapply anytime soon) with a completely different purpose of visit could be a red flag.

If you reapply:
1. What will be the purpose of your visit? For how long?
2. Do you have a Canadian host (relative or friend)?

For your previous application:
1. Did your employer pay for the airfare + hotel + other expenses?
2. Did you submit evidence of registering for the conference + why you must attend it?
3. Have you attended other conferences abroad? Have you traveled to other visa-required countries?
4. Was the conference in line with your area of work?

therealboss

Mar 1, 2018
As you previously applied for a Business TRV to attend a conference, a new application (if you reapply anytime soon) with a completely different purpose of visit could be a red flag.

If you reapply:
1. What will be the purpose of your visit? For how long?
2. Do you have a Canadian host (relative or friend)?

For your previous application:
1. Did your employer pay for the airfare + hotel + other expenses?
2. Did you submit evidence of registering for the conference + why you must attend it?
3. Have you attended other conferences abroad? Have you traveled to other visa-required countries?
4. Was the conference in line with your area of work?
Thanks Bryanna... The purpose of my visit will still be going for a conference and I have a friend over there.... But how do I bring my friend into the picture since I am making all arrangements for a conference.
For my previous application
1) Am the one paying for my airfare, hotel and other expenses
2)I did submit evidences that have already registered for the conference but couldn't give reasons why I must attend.
3) I haven't travelled to other visa required countries or attended other conferences
4)The conference was inline with my area of work.
Thanks very much.... Please how do I bring my friend over there into the picture since am just going for a conference if that will help
Is it compulsory that my employer pay for my expenses and air ticket.
Pls, how do I go about those things I missed out.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks Bryanna... The purpose of my visit will still be going for a conference and I have a friend over there.... But how do I bring my friend into the picture since I am making all arrangements for a conference.
2)I did submit evidences that have already registered for the conference but couldn't give reasons why I must attend.
3) I haven't travelled to other visa required countries or attended other conferences
Thanks very much.... Please how do I bring my friend over there into the picture since am just going for a conference if that will help
If you are attending a conference in Canada, normally your employer would pay for your flight ticket and expenses. If your employer is not paying for your flight ticket or expenses, then it sounds like you are really coming for tourism purposes and makes the conference look like an excuse for coming to Canada (rather than your primary purpose for coming to Canada). What is your real reason for coming to Canada? If it's tourism - then you should say it's tourism rather than trying to use the conference as an excuse. Using the conference as an excuse weakens your application.

Reactions: Bryanna

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
As scylla has pointed out earlier, an employer would normally pay for all your conference-related expenses (airfare, hotel, conference registration, visit expenses). These expenses are not paid for by an employee, especially if it's a conference in your area of work.

Some points to consider:
1. Do the conference organizers have similar conferences in your home country/in another country that's closer to where you live?

2. Is this your first visit abroad whether for a conference or otherwise?

3. Also, if this is your first visit abroad then the visa officer would question why you want to spend considerable amount of money to visit your friend (if you mention this in your next application)

4. If you reapply in the next few months then again your purpose of visit would seem significantly different if you want to visit for tourism/meet your friend, etc

therealboss

Mar 1, 2018
Thanks to everyone... Am grateful
Thanks so much Bryanna, appreciate your feed back.
Like you asked my purpose of visit has changed. I will be going for tourism later this year. So I need assistance on documents I need to back my application up and also please won't the previous purpose of application affect my new purpose of visit? Thanks much
I will be expecting your response