+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Visa Rejected

rsiddiqui

Feb 9, 2021
Hi, I applied for visit visa for short term course of 4 months at canada tourism college using a lawyer in Canada in January 2021, yesterday I got letter saying I was rejected due to intent on leaving.
However I am confused as I had provided:
- Contract from the school stating I cannot work in Canada
- Personal letter of why I chose this course despite having a background in business
- Letter from my work/boss stating I work in Pakistan and will be working there once I return. I had not quit my job
- Letter that states my entire family is still in Pakistan and that I take care of my elderly parents and would be returning back to them
Can anyone advise what I could have missed? I have ordered my file to see where exactly the officer felt I did weak however I want to get a head start so i can appeal or reapply for visa.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I applied for visit visa for short term course of 4 months at canada tourism college using a lawyer in Canada in January 2021, yesterday I got letter saying I was rejected due to intent on leaving.
However I am confused as I had provided:
- Contract from the school stating I cannot work in Canada
- Personal letter of why I chose this course despite having a background in business
- Letter from my work/boss stating I work in Pakistan and will be working there once I return. I had not quit my job
- Letter that states my entire family is still in Pakistan and that I take care of my elderly parents and would be returning back to them
Can anyone advise what I could have missed? I have ordered my file to see where exactly the officer felt I did weak however I want to get a head start so i can appeal or reapply for visa.
It makes extremely little sense for you to be traveling all the way to Canada for just a four month course that's not related to your work experience, especially during COVID. That's why you were refused.

Pick a program that is at least 8 months long at a public college or a university and that is related to your work experience and past studies - and then apply for a study permit instead.

That's your best course of action.

The four month program makes zero sense. Why spend so much money coming here for something like that. This makes it seem like you aren't a genuine student and have other motives for trying to come to Canada.

rsiddiqui

Feb 9, 2021
The course is at a public college in BC, I have a bachelors in Business Accounts but because there is no scope where I live with the my degree I had shown that with the tourism certificate that I applied for I would be opening a business in Pakistan that would allow me to use my certification and bachelors.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The course is at a public college in BC, I have a bachelors in Business Accounts but because there is no scope where I live with the my degree I had shown that with the tourism certificate that I applied for I would be opening a business in Pakistan that would allow me to use my certification and bachelors.
Why come all the way to Canada? If your plan is to open a business in Pakistan, why not take a certificate in Pakistan? This is what you need to explain to IRCC to their satisfaction.

rsiddiqui

Feb 9, 2021
In my letter I explained that Pakistan does not have reputable courses in tourism and majority of the people who do have education in this field have done it abroad and Canada being a reputable country it would allow me to open a successful business.
I am waiting on my file to see what exact reason it was
Do you suggest i appeal or reapply?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In my letter I explained that Pakistan does not have reputable courses in tourism and majority of the people who do have education in this field have done it abroad and Canada being a reputable country it would allow me to open a successful business.
I am waiting on my file to see what exact reason it was
Do you suggest i appeal or reapply?
Have you ordered your GCMS notes? Start by doing that to see the detailed information behind the refusals.

Appeals are expensive and there is no guarantee the decision will be overturned.

You need to apply again and put together a stronger application. Based on the information you have provided, it's not surprising your application was refused.

rsiddiqui

Feb 9, 2021
Why come all the way to Canada? If your plan is to open a business in Pakistan, why not take a certificate in Pakistan? This is what you need to explain to IRCC to their satisfaction.
also thank you for all your replies
Have you ordered your GCMS notes? Start by doing that to see the detailed information behind the refusals.

Appeals are expensive and there is no guarantee the decision will be overturned.

You need to apply again and put together a stronger application. Based on the information you have provided, it's not surprising your application was refused.
I have ordered my ATIP file, I feel my lawyer did not do a good job at giving me this information. If I had known I would have written a better intent letter or given more proof that I will leave Pakistan...... Sorry for so many questions but do you think if i still did this course but showed that i have property under my name in Pakistan as well as being a caretaker for my parents will that help? And secondly do you know of any better lawyers in surrey/vancouver bc?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
also thank you for all your replies

I have ordered my ATIP file, I feel my lawyer did not do a good job at giving me this information. If I had known I would have written a better intent letter or given more proof that I will leave Pakistan...... Sorry for so many questions but do you think if i still did this course but showed that i have property under my name in Pakistan as well as being a caretaker for my parents will that help? And secondly do you know of any better lawyers in surrey/vancouver bc?
I don't have experience with any lawyers.

Having your parents to take care of in your home country is generally not regarded as a strong tie by IRCC.

It's always good to show property under your name.

However I think the main issues with your application is the length of your program and the fact it has nothing to do with your previous education and work experience. This is what is making your application weak and what will make it difficult to be approved.