+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Visa for Parents

fatima ahmed

Aug 15, 2019
I want to inquire about the temporary visa process for my parents. Our situation is that we are 3 siblings all of us have received the PR. 1 of my sibling is in UAE, one just moved to Canada and I am living with my parents in pakistan. I cannot move till I apply for the visit visa for my parents. But the problem is that my parents are retired . my father was a govt. officer. We only have one property that is a land and no house in this country. And all our relatives also live abroad. The only source of income for my parents is my father's pension and all of us are supporting our parents.

What are the chances that the visit visa can be processed successfully ? What should we do ? I want to move to canada asap. But to prove that we have enough ties with our country is v difficult.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I want to inquire about the temporary visa process for my parents. Our situation is that we are 3 siblings all of us have received the PR. 1 of my sibling is in UAE, one just moved to Canada and I am living with my parents in pakistan. I cannot move till I apply for the visit visa for my parents. But the problem is that my parents are retired . my father was a govt. officer. We only have one property that is a land and no house in this country. And all our relatives also live abroad. The only source of income for my parents is my father's pension and all of us are supporting our parents.

What are the chances that the visit visa can be processed successfully ? What should we do ? I want to move to canada asap. But to prove that we have enough ties with our country is v difficult.
Your parents aren’t entitled to move to Canada. They will be able to visit if they get a TRV or supervisa but they will likely have to return home at a certain point. They may not be able to visit until you and your sibling have established yourselves in Canada. They won’t qualify for a supervisa for at least a year. Without strong ties to Pakistan they won’t get a TRV. Why can’t your parents remain on their own and rent a property? You must be renting something currently.