+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary SIN to PR SIN

ptycanada

Jul 7, 2021
Does anyone know if you temporary SIN credit information gets transferred to the new permanent resident SIN number?

PaulAbhik23121989

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Does anyone know if you temporary SIN credit information gets transferred to the new permanent resident SIN number?
You gotta do it online and this time it's gonna be Change Of Status while filing your SIN information online and it will ask your Temporary SIN with "9" digit number. Also, you need to make sure that you're putting Permanent Resident. The next step is to provide valid documents like eCOPR, photo and address proof. The online application is easy and straight forward.

I did mine few days ago and waiting for the new SIN number.

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
You gotta do it online and this time it's gonna be Change Of Status while filing your SIN information online and it will ask your Temporary SIN with "9" digit number. Also, you need to make sure that you're putting Permanent Resident. The next step is to provide valid documents like eCOPR, photo and address proof. The online application is easy and straight forward.

I did mine few days ago and waiting for the new SIN number.

Did you get your new SIN yet? I just applied for mine online and I was wondering how long it takes.

Reactions: rainbowsunicorns

rainbowsunicorns

Star Member
Aug 4, 2021
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Virtual Landing Unit / Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-08-2021
AOR Received.
04-08-2021
Med's Done....
06-2019
Did you get your new SIN yet? I just applied for mine online and I was wondering how long it takes.
I'm curious about this too. I just submitted my online application on Monday. Any idea about current timelines for getting an updated SIN?

Kks333

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Last week I went to Service Canada and it took only 15 minutes to get my permanent SIN…!

Reactions: skye

rainbowsunicorns

Star Member
Aug 4, 2021
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Virtual Landing Unit / Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-08-2021
AOR Received.
04-08-2021
Med's Done....
06-2019
Just got my updated SIN. I applied online for my wife and myself (Nov 29). However, I didn't sign the e-CoPR, and for some reason my wife's came in the mail no problem and mine stated that I had to reapply with a signed eCoPR. I went in person and took 15min to get mine.

Definitely recommend going in person!

@skye you should be getting it in the mail soon, and if there is any issue, just take the letter and go in person.