+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) invitation letter content for spousal applicants

Infi

Aug 6, 2023
Hi all,

I am initiating this post to discuss the content of the invitation letter that you all have included or planning to include on your TRV application for your spouse. I believe most of you are already aware of the recent announcement or news release made on May 26, 2023, regarding the new measures to expedite the processing of the spousal TRV applications (new release reference).

I would like to discuss and learn more about the appropriate content of the invitation letter that you all have included or are intending to include in the TRV application.

In my personal case, I am a Canadian PR, and I applied for the spousal TRV before the above announcement on May 26th. We applied for the TRV before applying for the Spousal PR with the intention of reuniting as soon as possible considering the processing time for the spousal PR is longer. Unfortunately, the application was rejected approx. a month after applying with the reasoning in the decision letter stating "(a) You have significant family ties in Canada.", and (b) "You do not have significant family ties outside Canada."

I understand that the context, background, and scenario of each application vary and there can be one or many reasons for the decision of the application. We were diligent in including all the necessary or critical documentation required for the TRV, and we also notarized documents where necessary. My spouse is employed full-time at a reputed organization in the home country and all relevant documentation for the same was included too. But the decision was not in our favor.

We have recently submitted the spousal PR application and are awaiting the AOR. We will be applying for the visitor visa again before receiving the AOR. The separation due to the visa formalities has been quite challenging to say the least, and we can't wait to be together. However, our scenario has not changed much since the last rejection except for the fact that we have applied for the spousal PR and the details of which will be included in our TRV application. Our invitation letter includes the purpose of the visit, employment information of both the invitee and principal applicant, reference to PR application, financial capacity, acknowledgment of previous refusal and explanation of intention/information included to address the same, and lastly explanation of ties to home country i.e. in our case highlighting the full-time employment.

I would appreciate any helpful input, suggestions, and information about the content of the spousal TRV invitation letter. Please do share your experience, status, or success stories of the spousal TRV application.

Thanks.

Reactions: Anirudhnyg

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Hi all,

I am initiating this post to discuss the content of the invitation letter that you all have included or planning to include on your TRV application for your spouse. I believe most of you are already aware of the recent announcement or news release made on May 26, 2023, regarding the new measures to expedite the processing of the spousal TRV applications (new release reference).

I would like to discuss and learn more about the appropriate content of the invitation letter that you all have included or are intending to include in the TRV application.

In my personal case, I am a Canadian PR, and I applied for the spousal TRV before the above announcement on May 26th. We applied for the TRV before applying for the Spousal PR with the intention of reuniting as soon as possible considering the processing time for the spousal PR is longer. Unfortunately, the application was rejected approx. a month after applying with the reasoning in the decision letter stating "(a) You have significant family ties in Canada.", and (b) "You do not have significant family ties outside Canada."

I understand that the context, background, and scenario of each application vary and there can be one or many reasons for the decision of the application. We were diligent in including all the necessary or critical documentation required for the TRV, and we also notarized documents where necessary. My spouse is employed full-time at a reputed organization in the home country and all relevant documentation for the same was included too. But the decision was not in our favor.

We have recently submitted the spousal PR application and are awaiting the AOR. We will be applying for the visitor visa again before receiving the AOR. The separation due to the visa formalities has been quite challenging to say the least, and we can't wait to be together. However, our scenario has not changed much since the last rejection except for the fact that we have applied for the spousal PR and the details of which will be included in our TRV application. Our invitation letter includes the purpose of the visit, employment information of both the invitee and principal applicant, reference to PR application, financial capacity, acknowledgment of previous refusal and explanation of intention/information included to address the same, and lastly explanation of ties to home country i.e. in our case highlighting the full-time employment.

I would appreciate any helpful input, suggestions, and information about the content of the spousal TRV invitation letter. Please do share your experience, status, or success stories of the spousal TRV application.

Thanks.
Did you get a decision on TRV?