+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident VISA (TRV) Counterfoil REPLACEMENT out of Canada

urbanist

Jun 23, 2014
I am currently in Canada and I have a valid work permit, BUT I will have to travel overseas to change my passport to a new biometric one - my government requires me to change it within 2015. My government will take away my old passport with the Canadian visa counterfoil in it, so that means I need to apply for a replacement visa through the Canadian embassy in Manila. Apparently it is possible: cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=044

But I need to know the exact procedure for the application (is it online? is it only paper based?) because I couldn't find any exact rules for this particular visa replacement application. The only thing I found was in the fee schedule: "Replacing a Visa" costs 30 CAD. I need specific instructions to apply for the replacement visa counterfoil while outside of Canada.

*** This thing here cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp doesn't fit, because it doesn't have the "replacement visa counterfoil" in the list of possible documents, and it's only for applications WITHIN Canada, while my case involves going out of Canada, because Canada doesn't have my country's diplomatic missions at all.

urbanist

Jun 23, 2014
I have received a surprisingly quick response from Manila so I figure it may be helpful for other people in the same situation:

Dear Madam:

This is in response to your e-mail below.

The Canadian Embassy in Manila uses the services of a Visa Application Center (VAC) in the Philippines (Cebu and Manila), in Japan (Tokyo) and in S. Korea (Seoul) to expedite the application process for Temporary Resident visas, permits, and replacement visas.

To submit your application, please visit or contact the VAC serving your place of residence:

Seoul VAC address: 5F Danam Bldg., Namdaemun-Ro 5Ga 120, Jung Gu, Seoul, South Korea (Postal code 100-704)

For information on days and hours of operation, please visit the VFS Korea website.
Helpline: +82 2 779 8781
E-mail Add.:info.cankr @ vfshelpline.com

Yours sincerely,

Immigration Section - Bureau de visa
Embassy of Canada, Manila - Ambassade du Canada, Manille
Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200, Philippines
philippines.gc.ca

Dhilln_parneet

Jan 24, 2021
hello everyone,
does anyone know the process of getting the visa on new passport from India. my parents lost the passport .we already have the new passport.
Do we need to submit it to VAC?
Please share some information.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
hello everyone,
does anyone know the process of getting the visa on new passport from India. my parents lost the passport .we already have the new passport.
Do we need to submit it to VAC?
Please share some information.
What visa did they apply for? Assuming they have the approval, with the PPR letter you need to check with VFS on stamping
Also raise a webform and explain the loss of passport - if stolen, then attach FIR copy if you have submitted a Police report

Dhilln_parneet

Jan 24, 2021
What visa did they apply for? Assuming they have the approval, with the PPR letter you need to check with VFS on stamping
Also raise a webform and explain the loss of passport - if stolen, then attach FIR copy if you have submitted a Police report
They applied for supervisa. They had the approval and stamping done on old passport.

PPR letter is only valid one time ?

i have raised the web form already with FIR. Been 5 days so far no reply.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
They applied for supervisa. They had the approval and stamping done on old passport.

PPR letter is only valid one time ?

i have raised the web form already with FIR. Been 5 days so far no reply.
Yes the visa they got stamped is valid only for the passport expiry

You have to apply fresh visa