+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary resident visa - single entry - NYC Consulate

kl333

Jul 27, 2012
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has sent a mail-in application for a single entry, temporary resident visa to the NYC consulate in July? How long did it take to get this back? I trusted the visa processing time listed on their website - 14 days. Did not realise that these guys are highly inefficient. Would have researched this more, like I typically do!
I am a recent F1 graduate (Indian citizenship), and have an OPT for US. I am visiting a friend who is a Canadian passport holder, and she faxed an invitation letter and vouched for me (morally :) and financially). My onwards ticket from Canada is to Thailand and India - if this has any impact on the application. I also sent my own bank statements and all that.
I was stupid enough to not take down return envelope USPS tracking #. I did submit the online case application for processing time >14 days. Any other advice? I am in NYC on Tuesday and plan to go directly to the Consulate.
Thanks a lot!

smitra

Jul 23, 2012
I sent my father-in-law (also Indian citizen) in by mail to NYC on June 11. After repeated reminders, inquiries, etc., etc., we got the visa back on July 25. The process took 44 days - not the 14 they mention on the web page.

kl333

Jul 27, 2012
Thank you for the response. I guess I will go in person on Tuesday and wait till they give it back. I cannot wait for another 25 days. This is deeply frustrating - my initial flight was today and I postponed it to Aug 1, giving it a few more days.
I was wondering if it is easy to get a tourist visa if you have been an F1 student in the US for two years - in that sense I am not an immigration risk. All this for a single entry tourist visa?! Unbelievable.

rahuljain0485

Aug 4, 2012
Hi,
I am also in similar situation as yours.I have hotel and flights booking for canada for 24th Aug,2012.
I am getting worried now.Were you able to receive your passport and visa when you walked in to nyc consulate?

I will also plan to do same based on your response.
Please do reply my friend.

Thanks

kl333 said:
Thank you for the response. I guess I will go in person on Tuesday and wait till they give it back. I cannot wait for another 25 days. This is deeply frustrating - my initial flight was today and I postponed it to Aug 1, giving it a few more days.
I was wondering if it is easy to get a tourist visa if you have been an F1 student in the US for two years - in that sense I am not an immigration risk. All this for a single entry tourist visa?! Unbelievable.

yuade1

Aug 10, 2012
kl333 said:
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has sent a mail-in application for a single entry, temporary resident visa to the NYC consulate in July? How long did it take to get this back? I trusted the visa processing time listed on their website - 14 days. Did not realise that these guys are highly inefficient. Would have researched this more, like I typically do!
I am a recent F1 graduate (Indian citizenship), and have an OPT for US. I am visiting a friend who is a Canadian passport holder, and she faxed an invitation letter and vouched for me (morally :) and financially). My onwards ticket from Canada is to Thailand and India - if this has any impact on the application. I also sent my own bank statements and all that.
I was stupid enough to not take down return envelope USPS tracking #. I did submit the online case application for processing time >14 days. Any other advice? I am in NYC on Tuesday and plan to go directly to the Consulate.
Thanks a lot!