+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Visa Processing Time

cheechek

Jun 2, 2019
Hello all,

I have a few questions regarding the Temporary Resident Visa processing time with which I hope you could help!

I am of Malaysian nationality and I live in Ireland. I was wondering if my application would be processed in Ireland or Malaysia? On the website where you check the processing time: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html, I am not sure which country to choose, i.e.g Malaysia or Ireland. Since Irish would not need a Visa but rather an eTA for entry to Canada, does it mean that it is more likely that my application would be processed in their Malaysian office?

I submitted my application on 4th June, gave my biometrics on 5th June and I haven't heard back since. I have booked my flights for 25th June. Do you reckon I will be able to make it?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Aaron

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
IRCC can process visas anywhere in the world and they have the ability to forward applications to an international visa office if your default one is too busy.

Usually, it goes by country of residence. Ireland applications are processed in London. But it can also happen that your application was forwarded to your country of citizenship, or even to Canada, or a random visa office in another country.

Still, check the times for Ireland/United Kingdom. The delay in your application may be due to the fact you applied somewhere other than your home country.

Posted processing times are also only estimates, not guarantees. They’ll take as much time to process as they have to.

Reactions: cheechek