+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Visa (Inside and Outside Canada)

Ranjit Kumar

Jan 4, 2016
Currently I'm living in Canada. I graduated on 27th of April 2018. My student visa expires on July 31st, 2018. I applied for my Post graduation work permit online and waiting for the status.

I'm leaving to India on June 18th, 2018 and returning back to Canada on August 8th, 2018. While returning my study visa will get expired. I want to apply for a Temporary resident visa to return back to Canada.

My inquiry is regarding, if I apply my TRV online from Canada and receive my passport submission request, instead of submitting is it acceptable to submit my passport in India (Vfs global).

I'm worried after applying online and submitting my passport for visa stamping, incase if it got late I wont be able to travel.

Second option:
Is is safer to carry Electronic Travel Authorization if I have a valid Work permit while returning back to Canada. (incase of delay in receiving visa)

Kindly help me out to proceed further.

Awaiting for your response.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Currently I'm living in Canada. I graduated on 27th of April 2018. My student visa expires on July 31st, 2018. I applied for my Post graduation work permit online and waiting for the status.

I'm leaving to India on June 18th, 2018 and returning back to Canada on August 8th, 2018. While returning my study visa will get expired. I want to apply for a Temporary resident visa to return back to Canada.

My inquiry is regarding, if I apply my TRV online from Canada and receive my passport submission request, instead of submitting is it acceptable to submit my passport in India (Vfs global).

I'm worried after applying online and submitting my passport for visa stamping, incase if it got late I wont be able to travel.

Second option:
Is is safer to carry Electronic Travel Authorization if I have a valid Work permit while returning back to Canada. (incase of delay in receiving visa)

Kindly help me out to proceed further.

Awaiting for your response.
You don't qualify for an eTA. You need a valid TRV.