+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary resident Visa from with in Canada

TRVCanada2022

Apr 8, 2022
Hi,

I am a student studying in Canada, I haev extended my student permit and I have thankfully received the "Approval" for the same, though haven't received the physically. Now since summers are approaching have a few queries.
1, I haven't received my study permit via mail to my postal address so far got approval on 2nd april, 2022. How many days does it take for the hard copy to reach.
2. Can i apply TRV on 'CONFIRMATION OF APPROVAL " or do I have to wait for the physical letter.
3. If I apply TRV WITHIN CANADA can exit the country and comeback for the visa stamping. Also Can I change address for passport stamping after apply " TRV WITHIN CANADA".

Please pour in your experience and views on the same.

vip007

Mar 2, 2021
Hi,

I am a student studying in Canada, I haev extended my student permit and I have thankfully received the "Approval" for the same, though haven't received the physically. Now since summers are approaching have a few queries.
1, I haven't received my study permit via mail to my postal address so far got approval on 2nd april, 2022. How many days does it take for the hard copy to reach.
2. Can i apply TRV on 'CONFIRMATION OF APPROVAL " or do I have to wait for the physical letter.
3. If I apply TRV WITHIN CANADA can exit the country and comeback for the visa stamping. Also Can I change address for passport stamping after apply " TRV WITHIN CANADA".

Please pour in your experience and views on the same.

Max to max 1 week

Better wait for physical letter as you might need the copy while applying for TRV application

After your TRV application is approved, you will get the PPR request depending upon where you stay. If you stay in ON, most likely it will be Ottawa office. Then you need to send the passport to Ottawa office and you will get your passport back with visa stamp. This whole process takes around 1 month nowadays.

TRVCanada2022

Apr 8, 2022
Max to max 1 week

Better wait for physical letter as you might need the copy while applying for TRV application

After your TRV application is approved, you will get the PPR request depending upon where you stay. If you stay in ON, most likely it will be Ottawa office. Then you need to send the passport to Ottawa office and you will get your passport back with visa stamp. This whole process takes around 1 month nowadays.
thanks for all your feedback