+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Visa application for my mother

radimaranan08

Mar 27, 2016
We have applied for my mother's visit visa here in canada and she is in the Philippines. We received an email stating that she needs to send her passport for the final processing of her visa. We know that she got approved and this is for visa stamping. It is also stated there that she needs to do it within 30 days, otherwise we need to apply again.

But with the current situation (Covid19), the VFS in makati is now closed, we did try sending them email as well as the Canadian embassy in the philippines asking if there's an extension or what is the best thing to do but unfortunately, never get any response from them.

Anyone who has the same case and what did you do? Did you got a chance to contact them?

Appreciate for your reply to this thread.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We have applied for my mother's visit visa here in canada and she is in the Philippines. We received an email stating that she needs to send her passport for the final processing of her visa. We know that she got approved and this is for visa stamping. It is also stated there that she needs to do it within 30 days, otherwise we need to apply again.

But with the current situation (Covid19), the VFS in makati is now closed, we did try sending them email as well as the Canadian embassy in the philippines asking if there's an extension or what is the best thing to do but unfortunately, never get any response from them.

Anyone who has the same case and what did you do? Did you got a chance to contact them?

Appreciate for your reply to this thread.
Send a webform and send in the passport once they open again. It shouldn’t be an issue they have just received so many emails.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Even the 30 days will pass? I can still able to send the passport?
Thank u
Yes. These are exceptional times and CIC is aware that VFS is closed. I would still send a webform indicating that due to the closure you will need an extension and will submit the passport as soon as they open. Due to the volume of webforms and emails you will likely not get a response for a while.

Demaktjun3792

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
No reason to be alarmed I have my ppr too but I can't access vfs.cic automatically extended this request for 90 days and the request is just a starndards procedure do inform them about this though on their web form

radimaranan08

Mar 27, 2016
Yes. These are exceptional times and CIC is aware that VFS is closed. I would still send a webform indicating that due to the closure you will need an extension and will submit the passport as soon as they open. Due to the volume of webforms and emails you will likely not get a response for a while.
Hi, any idea if canada is accepting tourist visa? Still, my mom's visa is not yet stamp to her passport. Thanks

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good evening...
I'm planning to apply visit visa for my mom she's in the Philippines right now. I have gathered all my documents aside from the proof of travel. My question, do I have to purchase a ticket right away? I have read that processing times are longer now so, I don't know what days to put. It also says there that she has to have a medical appointment. What is that? Thank you to who can shed me some light.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good evening...
I'm planning to apply visit visa for my mom she's in the Philippines right now. I have gathered all my documents aside from the proof of travel. My question, do I have to purchase a ticket right away? I have read that processing times are longer now so, I don't know what days to put. It also says there that she has to have a medical appointment. What is that? Thank you to who can shed me some light.
Do not buy plane ticket before visa is approved. Put any dates in future like easter monday 2021.
If you’re applying to become a temporary resident of Canada, you must have a medical exam if you:

• want to come to Canada for more than 6 months and
  • have lived or travelled for 6 months in certain countries or territories in the year before you come to Canada

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html

Last edited:
Reactions: mumay fort

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do not buy plane ticket before visa is approved. Put any dates in future like easter monday 2021.
If you’re applying to become a temporary resident of Canada, you must have a medical exam if you:

• want to come to Canada for more than 6 months and
  • have lived or travelled for 6 months in certain countries or territories in the year before you come to Canada

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html
Hi Steaky,
Thank you for your response. I was told to buy dummy ticket but I am hesitant. So just write a letter stating when she's departing Canada then? She won't be staying longer than 6 months so medical appointment is not needed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Steaky,
Thank you for your response. I was told to buy dummy ticket but I am hesitant. So just write a letter stating when she's departing Canada then? She won't be staying longer than 6 months so medical appointment is not needed.
Show a proposed itinerary from an airline or travel website

Reactions: mumay fort

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your response.

I have submitted my mom's application
Date submitted: September 12, 2020
Biometrics request: September 13, 2020

I hope vfs reopens soon.....