+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Visa application at the NY Consulate

minime

Nov 16, 2012
Mine has been 45 days already and it is so crazy~~~ i applied last year and it took like 3 weeks. Neways, anyone know what is there email address that i can contact? Is it faster if i come there in person?

KModi

Dec 9, 2012
I have applied for TRV through USPS Express Mail to NYC Consulate. They received my mail on Dec 3. Can anybody let me know, how long it will take me to get the Visitor visa. Also i did't submit Schedule 1 form, is it mandatory to submit that form? Please help.

Thanks. ??? ???

srhnclptt

Nov 29, 2012
I have applied for TRV through USPS Express Mail to NYC Consulate. They received my mail on Dec 3. Can anybody let me know, how long it will take me to get the Visitor visa. Also i did't submit Schedule 1 form, is it mandatory to submit that form? Please help.

Thanks.
Hey, so I think you can assume your visa application will not be sent back until mid January, at the very least. We sent our passport/application Nov/6, and we still have heard nothing back.
Yes, they will probably send you an email requesting that form, but I do believe you can send them the form and tell them you forgot it.

Has anyone else heard anything, or received anything back yet?

KModi

Dec 9, 2012
srhnclptt said:
Hey, so I think you can assume your visa application will not be sent back until mid January, at the very least. We sent our passport/application Nov/6, and we still have heard nothing back.
Yes, they will probably send you an email requesting that form, but I do believe you can send them the form and tell them you forgot it.

Thanks for the info. So basically you're saying that schedule 1 form is must for TRV ?

minime

Nov 16, 2012
giri0705 said:
Hey minime,

do you got any update further ?
I havent get anything yet~ but since the good news come up, so i think ima get it withtin next week before christmas :))

aahmed98

Apr 21, 2012
srhnclptt said:

Hi,

The NYC embassy received our passports by Nov 7th as well. We got an email recently that all routine applications would be processed and passports would be emailed by 17th Dec. Is that good news?

aahmed98

Apr 21, 2012
Also,

I want to know that if we go to the NY Consulate and fill out an urgent processing form, would that mean withdrawing the application? Or would that mean that we will get our passports back with the visa? Any help would be highly appreciated!

srhnclptt

Nov 29, 2012
aahmed98 said:
Hi,

The NYC embassy received our passports by Nov 7th as well. We got an email recently that all routine applications would be processed and passports would be emailed by 17th Dec. Is that good news?
Yes, this is good news. It means that they've at least looked at your file, and they should have it sent out by Dec 17th, by the latest. We still have not received anything yet in the mail, we sent our application October 30 and they received Nov 6.

May 28, 2013
Dear Members,

I am from Afghanistan, we have been submitted our application on 3rd of April'13 with my two friends applying for Training in Ottawa Canada but unfortunately both of them have been rejected due to family tie, Financial support, asset tie and Visa Officer wasn't convince that they would leave Canada at the end of their stay in CANADA? , / but for my case still i am waiting for message from Gerry's visa service in Peshawar?

I have been applied from NGO side and all the cost and supporting would be covered by office, i don't know how to convince the VO?

Any one help us?

strandedhelix

May 7, 2013
Just now received a message from the NY consulate (upon asking the status of my application) that my passport has been mailed out last night. Quoting them "Your documents were returned to you via sase expmail trk#: ei XXXXXXXX us on May 28, 2013."

USPS site doesn't have the tracking # activated yet; not sure if this is a system error or delay in processing. Will wait patiently, as I was already.

Timeline:

7 April - Online Application
30 April - Request for Passport
2 May - Passport received by NY Consulate
28 May - Passport sent out (as per their email)