+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Visa application at the NY Consulate

ab2186

Aug 13, 2012
Hi there,

I sent my application for TRV for Canada on the 13th Of July 2012 to the NY Consulate.I havent heard anything from them.I have sent a prepaid priority envelope for them to send all the documents back.I haven't sent them any emails yet,but i am getting nervous about the passport.

How many days did it take for some of you who applied to the NY consulate?
Will going personally to the consulate now be of any help in getting the visa stamped faster?
IF i now go there in person(while i have already sent the docs through mail),what other documents while i need to take along?
Will they consider people who have already sent their docs by mail and then go personally for following the application?
Any phone numbers to the consulate where you can get the status of the application?

Kindly advise me.

katygal

Aug 8, 2012
hello,
i too mailed all the documents to NYC consulate around July 20 and waiting for response.
From what i read from the forum it takes around 30-40 business days to get the passport back.
There are couple of threads where people say that they went to the consulate in person to get the passport back even after mailing them.but the information is not very clear.
Hope you get your passport sometime this week :)

ab2186

Aug 13, 2012
katygal said:
hello,
i too mailed all the documents to NYC consulate around July 20 and waiting for response.
From what i read from the forum it takes around 30-40 business days to get the passport back.
There are couple of threads where people say that they went to the consulate in person to get the passport back even after mailing them.but the information is not very clear.
Hope you get your passport sometime this week :)
Thank You for the reply.I too hope that i get it as soon as possible.
Any other people with their comments on my situation??Please do share.Would be helpful..:)

ab2186

Aug 13, 2012
ab2186 said:
Thank You for the reply.I too hope that i get it as soon as possible.
Any other people with their comments on my situation??Please do share.Would be helpful..:)
Any other people with their comments on my situation??Please do share.

hareemb

Aug 14, 2012
Hi there,

My brother is also planning on applying for my sister in law's TRF at the NY Consulate. He is a US citizen and she has a US visa. They had applied from Pakistan but it was taking too long. They want to visit my husband and I in Toronto.

Would appreciate it if you could tell me what your outcome was and what documents they are required to bring. We have tried to email the NY Consulate and research their website, however its so vague and they really don't give any specific guidelines.

Thank you!

-Hareem

sri00071

Aug 13, 2012
I sent one of my friend to NY Canada Consulate,with authorization letter to get my status but no success...

They did not allowed him in & told on dropping mail is option...Not sure how many more it will take...

ab2186

Aug 13, 2012
sri00071 said:
Did any one of u got ur VISA?????
Sri...Nope,i havent got mine yet?I think tis gonna take another two weeks from when...when i read other forums..its taking like 30-40 days for some people....my packet reached on the 16th of july.......Any update on your status?...

ab2186

Aug 13, 2012
sri00071 said:
Hopefully mine should arrive in 2 -3 day its now 39 day :mad: They got my docs on 07/09
Hi guys,

I got my TRV stamped and got all my docs back thru mail today....
Took me 35 days including weekends.

tammytam

Aug 21, 2012
I applied for my TRV on the 11th of July and have still not heard anything from the consulate and they take forever to reply to any emails sent to them. I was supposed to go to canada a week ago and because they were not replying to emails and I could not just go in person to the consulate to go pick up my documents (i found that out) I couldn't go, but now i need my passport for other means and cannot wait any longer for it. I am also an au pair over here so my passport counts as my most valid form of ID. Does anybody know how i can just speed up the process?