+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary resident permit

MZZ123

Nov 14, 2017
Hi, posting here for the first time.
I'm currently residing in Canada. My TRV expired on august 2017, I applied for the extension in may 2017 and it got approved in august 2017 I received my new temporary resident permit. With that there wasn't any request to submit my passport for stamping. My permit clearly states that re/entry on this permit is not allowed.
I recently got to know that in order to renter Canada I'll be needing a visa stamp on my passport. I have to travel outside Canada.Along with the letter I mailed my passport to cic for stamping but they returned it saying that there's no open application on this ID.
I really don't know what to do. My old visa stamp on my passport is expired. I just have a valid temporary resident permit.
Now what are options have been trying contacting cic but there's no response. Where to get the stamp from and how can I travel outside Canada and enter back easily?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What you applied for was an extension. All this does is allow you to stay in Canada longer on your current visit. It doesn't allow you to leave and re-enter.

In order to leave and then re-enter, you need to apply for a brand new TRV.

MZZ123

Nov 14, 2017
What you applied for was an extension. All this does is allow you to stay in Canada longer on your current visit. It doesn't allow you to leave and re-enter.

In order to leave and then re-enter, you need to apply for a brand new TRV.
Thankyou so much for your reply. But there's only one form for temporary resident visa which I applied before and I got the permit instead. There are no separate forms for TRV or TRP.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Reactions: scylla

Boladan

Nov 16, 2017
Hello canuc_in_uk, am inadmissible to Canada, please do you have an idea on how I can apply for a Temporary Resident Permit?

Boladan

Nov 16, 2017
I applied for a SOWP and answered NO that I wasn't denied a US visa, am banned for misrepresentation.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I applied for a SOWP and answered NO that I wasn't denied a US visa, am banned for misrepresentation.
It is unlikely that you will be approved. Lying in an application is fraud and IRCC does not take that lightly.

MZZ123

Nov 14, 2017
You are pretty confused. Note that you don't have a Temporary Resident Permit; TRPs are something completely different.

Visitor extension: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

TRV: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp
Hey I'm here again with further confusions. Really sorry but I'm unable to solve it. I started filling the form, the one you posted the link of. It gave me 3 options
1. Extension of my temporary resident status
2. Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit
3. Restoration of temporary resident status as a visitor.
I previously selected the first option and they just gave me permission to stay in Canada on a letter not the visa stamp which can allow me to travel freely. I consulted few people here to help me select the best option for TRV and they said there's no way you can get the visa stamp from Canada. That exception is just for students and workers. You have to exit country and apply from outside Canada in order to come back. Now how is that even an option if I'm going somewhere just for a week.