+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Residence Visa Processing Time

cheechek

Jun 2, 2019
Hello all,

I have a little question about the TRV processing time, specifically regarding the timing of background check and eligibility check. As of now, the status of my TRV application is as follows:
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We do not need additional documents.
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Does a background check typically starts before the eligibility check, and how long would each stage approximately take? Would we get an email or a message on the account when there is an update on the status or are we to check our application frequently?

Thank you very much!!

Aaron

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
Hello all,

I have a little question about the TRV processing time, specifically regarding the timing of background check and eligibility check. As of now, the status of my TRV application is as follows:
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We do not need additional documents.
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Does a background check typically starts before the eligibility check, and how long would each stage approximately take? Would we get an email or a message on the account when there is an update on the status or are we to check our application frequently?

Thank you very much!!

Aaron
State your TL?... which country did you apply from?

cheechek

Jun 2, 2019
Thank you @nmatter !

3th Jun 2019 - application submitted
4th Jun 2019 - biometrics letter arrived
5th Jun 2019 - biometrics given

Unfortunately, I haven't heard back since.

ABS6602

Jun 10, 2019
Thank you @nmatter !

3th Jun 2019 - application submitted
4th Jun 2019 - biometrics letter arrived
5th Jun 2019 - biometrics given

Unfortunately, I haven't heard back since.[/the normal prossis

what is the normal processing time according to your country which you applied from ?

have you checked it ?

cheechek

Jun 2, 2019
It was 23 days when I submitted the application, and now it's gone up to forty something.

My main questions are: does a background check typically starts before the eligibility check, and how long would each stage approximately take? Would we get an email or a message on the account when there is an update on the status or are we to check our application frequently?

I would very much appreciate it if anyone can help with those questions. Thank you very much!

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
It was 23 days when I submitted the application, and now it's gone up to forty something.

My main questions are: does a background check typically starts before the eligibility check, and how long would each stage approximately take? Would we get an email or a message on the account when there is an update on the status or are we to check our application frequently?

I would very much appreciate it if anyone can help with those questions. Thank you very much!
There's no given time for each stage.. As they are reviewing your eligibility simultaneously they are running a background check. Definitely you will get a correspondence letter on your account and mail when a decision has been made.

Best wishes.

Reactions: cheechek