Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Can someone please advise if for kids (under 18) Study Permit form is needed to be filled and any Study permit fees required while submitting the application?

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
can u please tell if you have done this for your kids...
As if we fill student permit form it asks for college details ans all other details and that should not be applied for school going kids...

Manaaal

Apr 1, 2020
can u please tell if you have done this for your kids...
As if we fill student permit form it asks for college details ans all other details and that should not be applied for school going kids...
For me I didn't fill it ,and as I know you need to ask for visa visitor for your kids ,because if you begin filling you need the name of school ,scolarity fees ....and in this case you can't because in Canada your kids go to school which must be in your neighbourhood, and maybe it can be not appropriate to your kids (i mean the program they will choose)

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
For me I didn't fill it ,and as I know you need to ask for visa visitor for your kids ,because if you begin filling you need the name of school ,scolarity fees ....and in this case you can't because in Canada your kids go to school which must be in your neighbourhood, and maybe it can be not appropriate to your kids (i mean the program they will choose)
Yeah thanks, we have have sent our file yesterday but paid student visa fees for kids, which looks like was not required.
For kids we only need visitor visa fees which was $100, but we paid $150 as thought may be needed student visa..
Its over payed, which I think should not be a problem...

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Also depending on the ages of the children, they may need to pay their own tuition fees. Since processing can take years, if the child is 16 or 17 expect that they will finish high school before the process is completed. So that child would be going to post secondary and would need a new study permit and pay international fees.

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Also depending on the ages of the children, they may need to pay their own tuition fees. Since processing can take years, if the child is 16 or 17 expect that they will finish high school before the process is completed. So that child would be going to post secondary and would need a new study permit and pay international fees.
kids are 12 and 15.. SO I don't think that applies at this stage.. I think if file moves further and will be at the stage that kids are grown up then they will ask..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
kids are 12 and 15.. SO I don't think that applies at this stage.. I think if file moves further and will be at the stage that kids are grown up then they will ask..
Just something to plan for because international fees are high. Given processing times (years) and then your sister still has to come her and work for at least a year and then apply for PR, the kids may be in post-secondary by then. Also if your kids will be teens (assume you are the sponsor) then a need for a caregiver will also be considered.

Ernesto1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Yeah thanks, we have have sent our file yesterday but paid student visa fees for kids, which looks like was not required.
For kids we only need visitor visa fees which was $100, but we paid $150 as thought may be needed student visa..
Its over payed, which I think should not be a problem...
For the government application fees. Did you pay all your family members fees combine as one payment?(PR fees, work permit, open visit visa, biometric)

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
For the government application fees. Did you pay all your family members fees combine as one payment?(PR fees, work permit, open visit visa, biometric)
We did 2 separate payments as advised.

For kids as they were under 18, I think we were supposed to pay only 100$ each as visit visa fees but we have paid $150 each, so looks like paid some extra..

Ernesto1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
We did 2 separate payments as advised.

For kids as they were under 18, I think we were supposed to pay only 100$ each as visit visa fees but we have paid $150 each, so looks like paid some extra..
Thank you for your reply. ..I'm about to make application fees payment for my sister under the HCCP, You mentioned you did separate payment for the application. Did you add your biometric fees to the PR application fees or the Temporal Residence fees (work, visit, study)? Because I under we have to separate the PR fees from the temporal residence fees..

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Thank you for your reply. ..I'm about to make application fees payment for my sister under the HCCP, You mentioned you did separate payment for the application. Did you add your biometric fees to the PR application fees or the Temporal Residence fees (work, visit, study)? Because I under we have to separate the PR fees from the temporal residence fees..
Biometric with PR Fees
Work Visa fees separate

WE mailed our documents and it was delivered today.. So now never ending wait, I wish they speed up the process....

Last edited:

Ernesto1

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Biometric with PR Fees
Work Visa fees separate

WE mailed our documents and it was delivered today.. So now never ending wait, I wish they speed up the process....
Thanks for the reply.
Another questions.
1) On the offer of employment form imm5983 section 9: Benefits, did the employer provide any benefit ( dental insurance, pension?)
2) Are you
suppose to include a return mailing envelope in the application package?

meena

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th June'09
Doc's Request.
18th Sep'09
AOR Received.
22nd Jan'10
Med's Request
7th April
Med's Done....
1st May
Passport Req..
7th April'10
VISA ISSUED...
31st May'10
LANDED..........
Landed on 12th March'11
Thanks for the reply.
Another questions.
1) On the offer of employment form imm5983 section 9: Benefits, did the employer provide any benefit ( dental insurance, pension?)
2) Are you
suppose to include a return mailing envelope in the application package?
I didn't put any benefits, other than 2 weeks vacations..
Also return labels were included..