+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Foreign Worker Visa

Icemonkey

Jun 15, 2021
Hello everyone,

I hope someone will enlighten my case. To begin, I am in the Philippines
I am currently applying as a tfw labourer in Quebec. I have just passed the initial interview and is now processing to complete my papers to be submitted for LMIA.
Here is my sentiment.
I have worked in Alberta in Jan 2014 with a valid tfw visa. To cut the story short, I did not like how they treat people there so I resigned. . After saving enough to buy my ticket, I went home to the Philippines even if my Visa is still valid for 9-10 months more. I went home in May 2015. I was not able to return to Canada but I dont have any bad record and I never overstayed there. What's bothering me is I did not put this on my resume for reasons that they might ask why I am not able to finish my contract or for an employment certificate. My question is, do they keep records of work visas/permits of temporary foreign workers?, will they be able to know about my previous work visa? I did not declare this on my resume and on some forms I did not state that I used to work in Canada before. Please help. Tell me if my I should still go on with my application.
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I hope someone will enlighten my case. To begin, I am in the Philippines
I am currently applying as a tfw labourer in Quebec. I have just passed the initial interview and is now processing to complete my papers to be submitted for LMIA.
Here is my sentiment.
I have worked in Alberta in Jan 2014 with a valid tfw visa. To cut the story short, I did not like how they treat people there so I resigned. . After saving enough to buy my ticket, I went home to the Philippines even if my Visa is still valid for 9-10 months more. I went home in May 2015. I was not able to return to Canada but I dont have any bad record and I never overstayed there. What's bothering me is I did not put this on my resume for reasons that they might ask why I am not able to finish my contract or for an employment certificate. My question is, do they keep records of work visas/permits of temporary foreign workers?, will they be able to know about my previous work visa? I did not declare this on my resume and on some forms I did not state that I used to work in Canada before. Please help. Tell me if my I should still go on with my application.
Thank you
Yes, they keep track. All of these details are in their system.

Yes, they will know about your previous work visa. This information will come up when they process your new work permit application.

You need to mention that you were previously in Canada on any forms you submit to IRCC. Failing to declare this will likely be viewed as misrepresentation and you could end up with a five year ban from Canada.

You need to correct the forms and your resume.