+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Foreign Worker Program - Moratorium 04-26-2014

mdeleon

Mar 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lagn07 said:
Thanks FKL for uplifting us. Mdeleon are you traveling too? When? Please keep us posted!

hi lagn07 My employer haven't booked a flight yet cause He is still checking it with the immigration. I am also a bit worried if the immigration will not issue us work permit at the point of entry. You booked a flight already right? are you going? If so please don't forget to inform us what happened. I will also keep you posted.

anyway may I asked how much did you pay for pdos and oec? thank you.

SeanDame

Star Member
Jan 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
01-11-2015
IELTS Request
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
I am a business owner in Vancouver.. And 2 weeks ago I got approved for 2 named LMOs..
One is NOC 0631 (restaurant manager) and second is 6242 for cook..
Both are in the suspension list..

Both my employees cannot get a work permit with my named approved LMO.
I know this by contacting service canada 2 days ago.

Good luck.

dadhieko

Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2012
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
Med's Request
12-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
MALAPIT NA!
i think you guys should wait when everything is cleared, i heard that there is two people who was sent back to their country of origin they are not given a work permit... it s better to wait...

lagn07

Apr 29, 2014
Mdeleon, my flight schedule will be next week. I thinking now of asking my employer to move my flight til everything is cleared. Once we get denied at POE, everything will be thrown in the trash.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This damn moratorium is causing too much trouble for so many people. They had better resolve this issue really soon and the resolution better be positive and in our favors.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
mdeleon said:
Hi fkl thank you for giving us hope.. I already asked my employer and still he is trying to
confirm it to working permit department.
Hi Mdeleon and others,

No problem. I just don't want to assume any thing here. There was some mentioning of some people returned from an airport. But there was another who made it through as well. Both of these posts were on this forum in third person. Plus it wasn't even clear if those who were returned were due to THIS MORATORIUM or not.

Besides, one thing that sort of struck in my mind was when i landed a while back and showed my docs to CBSA agent, i had a pleasant chat with her and the wording she used was that "this is a pre approved work permit" (talking about mine where of course i had an LMO and Letter of introduction etc.).

Now i don't wanna give false hopes, but you got to be very sure before making any assumptions.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
SeanDame said:
I am a business owner in Vancouver.. And 2 weeks ago I got approved for 2 named LMOs..
One is NOC 0631 (restaurant manager) and second is 6242 for cook..
Both are in the suspension list..

Both my employees cannot get a work permit with my named approved LMO.
I know this by contacting service canada 2 days ago.

Good luck.
Oh that is first hand info then. Thanks for keeping others informed. +1. So it is true then and those affected shouldn't try travelling unless things are clear.

biz

Dec 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
EE
Passport Req..
10-06-2016
LANDED..........
30-06-2016
What will happen to those workers already in Canada ? The latest announcement of Kenney is not clear to me.

angel_25

Apr 30, 2014
mdeleon said:
hi lagn07 My employer haven't booked a flight yet cause He is still checking it with the immigration. I am also a bit worried if the immigration will not issue us work permit at the point of entry. You booked a flight already right? are you going? If so please don't forget to inform us what happened. I will also keep you posted.

anyway may I asked how much did you pay for pdos and oec? thank you.

hi mdeleon payment for pdos and oec is Php 8090.50 that was last march.

angel_25

Apr 30, 2014
hi lagn07 we have same cases my scheduled flight in on May 16 im also worried if they will issue work permit. When is your flight again please inform us what will happen to you.

Maling

Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi (online)
NOC Code......
N/A (SOWP)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-12-2013
AOR Received.
26-12-2013
Med's Request
N/A
biz said:
What will happen to those workers already in Canada ? The latest announcement of Kenney is not clear to me.
@ biz, you may check this link....

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/metro/Jason+Kenney+calls+upon+fast+food+employers+raise+wages/9775993/story.html

according to the article, "temporary foreign workers in the food services industry who are already here will not have their jobs affected, but the ministry will not process any new or pending applications for temporary foreign workers from the food services sector. This means those already here but nearing the end of their work permits will likely not be able to get them renewed"

mdeleon

Mar 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi mdeleon payment for pdos and oec is Php 8090.50 that was last march.
[/quote]

thanks angel_25 appreciate it! please let us know if you are going to continue your flight or not. hope everything will be back to normal. God bless us!!!

cute_rocel123

Apr 28, 2014
Good day

Hi I'm from philippines, I have an agency who process my Application in canada. I got my positive LMo and Work Visa last December 2013 and according to my agency I just need to wait for my employer to buy me a ticket. Is the hold regarding foreign workers in canada will affect also my Application even if I already signed my contract ang got my Lmo and visa last year before the moratorium appear?

Please enlighten me. I just want to be sure

Thanks mam and sir, Rocel

angel_25

Apr 30, 2014
mdeleon lets wait for lagn07 her scheduled flight is next week. What position are you applying and in what part of canada.

Thank you & God bless