+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary foreign worker process

ricabril

Aug 8, 2007
Hi! My name is Ricardo and I am from Brazil. I've been reading lots of stuff about getting immigrating to canada... but, I am not sure if I understood everything. I will put the steps and you tell me if I am right or wrong.
1- after getting a job offer your employer need to ask a LMO.
2- After the LMO's approval, the employer sends you a Letter of authorization. And, then, you can ask for a Temporary Worker Visa. (But, at this point, Do you already have the work permit? Or you get it once you arrive in Canada?)
3- Your employer sends you a contract (or does he send a letter proving that the job offer is real?)
4- You get the visa! Then, you can buy the airline ticket.
5- You show your authorization at the arrival to the CIC officer. (or is it now that you get the work permit?)
6- After all, you get a social security number.

After writing this, I feel very confused... Is there somebody who can help me with this? Because, I already have a job offer and I don't know exactly what to do... Thank you very much.

Wolf

Sep 13, 2007
Brazil
Ricardo, veja o que aconteceu comigo:
http://canadaemfoco.blogspot.com/2007/09/canad-um-pas-preconceituoso.html

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ricabril said:
Hi! My name is Ricardo and I am from Brazil. I've been reading lots of stuff about getting immigrating to canada... but, I am not sure if I understood everything. I will put the steps and you tell me if I am right or wrong.
1- after getting a job offer your employer need to ask a LMO.

Yes, the Employer applies to HRSDC for an LMO.

2- After the LMO's approval, the employer sends you a Letter of authorization. And, then, you can ask for a Temporary Worker Visa. (But, at this point, Do you already have the work permit? Or you get it once you arrive in Canada?)

If you are a Brazilian you will also have to apply for a TRV (visitor visa) the CHC will give you a letter of authorization as well which you show at Canadian Immigration when you enter Canada, and they will issue a work permit.

3- Your employer sends you a contract (or does he send a letter proving that the job offer is real?)

You should have a copy of the contract as well.

4- You get the visa! Then, you can buy the airline ticket.

Right.

5- You show your authorization at the arrival to the CIC officer. (or is it now that you get the work permit?)

Yes

Yes, at Service Canada.

After writing this, I feel very confused... Is there somebody who can help me with this? Because, I already have a job offer and I don't know exactly what to do... Thank you very much.
PMM

Sep 22, 2007

You will get your visa/work permit BEFORE you come to Canada, if you are coming to work you DON'T need a visitor visa.

YOu will have to apply for the SIN card after you arrive in Canada, at any HRDC office.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

CanImmigrate.blogspot.com said:

You will get your visa/work permit BEFORE you come to Canada, if you are coming to work you DON'T need a visitor visa.

YOu will have to apply for the SIN card after you arrive in Canada, at any HRDC office.
You get an authorization letter and the work permit is processed at the Port of Entry when you arrive.

PMM

Sep 24, 2007
CanImmigrate.blogspot.com said:

VERONIKA

Sep 27, 2007
Hi Ricardo, I`d like to make you a question. How did you get a job offer? I´d like to go to work to Canada too with a job offer, but I´ve appliied some times, but I´ve never get an answer.
Thank you
Veronika

jonati

Oct 16, 2007
Hello,

i've been involved with canadian foreingn workers recruitment program association (cfwrpa) and i've paid more than $3000 us. they have now demand another $2500 us for non-terrorist screen fees.Can anyone advise me if the program is guinune and not scam??

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jonati said:
Hello,

i've been involved with canadian foreingn workers recruitment program association (cfwrpa) and i've paid more than $3000 us. they have now demand another $2500 us for non-terrorist screen fees.Can anyone advise me if the program is guinune and not scam??
Well you have lost $3000 DON"T SEND ANY MORE IT IS A SCAM.

PMM