+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Foreign worker applies to another province HELP..

sheena

Jul 22, 2010
I am currently working in ontario till next year can I transfer to another province like saskatchewan if I have a new employer there without going back home to the philippines after my contract here?my work permit is gonna expire by may 2011 same as my contract.I really want to go there becase they say it is much easier to get your permanent residence there than here. thanks..

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
sheena said:
I am currently working in ontario till next year can I transfer to another province like saskatchewan if I have a new employer there without going back home to the philippines after my contract here?my work permit is gonna expire by may 2011 same as my contract.I really want to go there becase they say it is much easier to get your permanent residence there than here. thanks..
Yes you can.

sheena

Jul 22, 2010
job_seeker said:
Yes you can.

Should I apply early like 4 months before the end of my contract in order to process the new LMO and work permit? Thank you very much for your help=)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
sheena said:
Should I apply early like 4 months before the end of my contract in order to process the new LMO and work permit? Thank you very much for your help=)
Find an employer from Saskatchewan (that's where you want to move?) and let the employer apply for LMO. You can then send the WP application once you have a positive LMO. Let employer know that you are relocating. Some employers are wary though because they (the employers) will shoulder the relocation cost. Anyway finding an employer would be the first hurdle. Yup it would take roughly 3-4 months (from advertising (2+ wks), LMO (4-6 wks), WP (21 days ~ about 4 weeks).

sheena

Jul 22, 2010
job_seeker said:
Find an employer from Saskatchewan (that's where you want to move?) and let the employer apply for LMO. You can then send the WP application once you have a positive LMO. Let employer know that you are relocating. Some employers are wary though because they (the employers) will shoulder the relocation cost. Anyway finding an employer would be the first hurdle. Yup it would take roughly 3-4 months (from advertising (2+ wks), LMO (4-6 wks), WP (21 days ~ about 4 weeks).

thank you very much jobseeker..you've helped me a lot ;)