+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temperory Visit Visa

stylito

Jun 12, 2017
You can request GCMS notes/CAIPS through anyone who lives in Canada. You must include your consent letter. Cost: CAD 5, Time: 4-5 weeks

Alternatively, you can Google for an agent who can order on your behalf. Cost: Don't pay more than CAD 25-35, Time: 5-7 weeks

hello bryanna

can you please help me and send/share me the format of cover letter sample if you have so i can use that format and reapply ASAP

thanx

stylito

Jun 12, 2017
hi bryanna ,

would you believe i still dont have any update on my TRV.

further to my complaint on my lost online application, they finally activated my online submission on june 15.
my entire family (all those who applied on the same day) got their passports with approved TRV's on june 19.

its june 24 and i am still awaiting my TRV to be approved, post which the passport will be submitted for stamping.

i have written to them in every forum and way possible, and the only reply i got after 12 days was that we since 2015 we dont accept any emails and you need to write a comment in a particular format and submit it online. can you believe this came after their website as well as VFS dubai all give the same email id for any further communication. what a bummer. this has been a very frustrating experience, such dis-credit for this actually being a mistake from their end. it seems i would end up losing quite a bit of money for stuff paid up.

any ideas on what i can do to quicken this up, i have exactly 3 working days left. Without an approval nothings moving forward except my flight.

Should i just happily go to the US and forget about canada, i would have seriously done that had i not paid up. i feel really sad to lose money on procedural errors and nothing to do with me. also the grand parents are going to be really sad and this was a trip of 4 generations they were really looking too. wonder if it would ever happen again.

any suggestions ??
hello akshay

any update on your case?

they still holding my passport even they refused my application

Long canadian holiday coming from 30 june i guess

so i have to expect more delay to get my passport and my wife case still under review

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Hello experts,
I am planning to invite my mom and sister for visit me. I need some suggestion.

1. My sister is single, therefore she doesn't have family ties in back home. She lives with my mom. My mom and sister visited India 3/4 times, except that they don't have travel history from any other country. She is taking care of our family business. The business under her name since she has to handle it. Our business has yearly income approximately 450k.Canadian dollar. All the business income goes to her business account. We also have properties.

2. Do you think I should apply for my mom super visa and separately send invitation letter for my sister TRV.
or they should apply for both of them in a same application normal TRV.

3. I am working same company for almost 3 years. I will sponsor my mom end of 2018 for permanence residency. Now I want my mom and sister visit me.

I wrote almost big history to understand our situation.

Please advise me how much chances to get TRV visa if she apply her own or my mom & she apply for normal TRV in a same application.

Thank you in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I would suggest you apply first for your mom (super visa or TRV depending on your eligibility + her ties, including she can indicate your sister as a family tie to return to). After she is approved then apply for a TRV for your sister

For your sister:
The chances of approval would depend on the type of documents/evidence she provides for her business + property

For your mom:
She has only property ties to return to. She must prove stronger ties

Cheers

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Hi,

I would suggest you apply first for your mom (super visa or TRV depending on your eligibility + her ties, including she can indicate your sister as a family tie to return to). After she is approved then apply for a TRV for your sister

For your sister:
The chances of approval would depend on the type of documents/evidence she provides for her business + property

For your mom:
She has only property ties to return to. She must prove stronger ties

Cheers

Hi Bryanna thank you so much for your input. My sister will indicate her involvedness in business like she might will write a letter he responsibility regarding business. She has to come back for business as long as we don't sold them. She is the person take decision, pay to employees lot other activities, so that she cant stay out long time.

She will show ties in back home:
4 months Bank statement including business and personal account with current balance.
Business ownership documents.
Income tax slip paid on business income for 3 years
Properties tax documents
She owned car-I am not sure if she need to indicate that she owned car.

She will say that business is the main reason that she will be back.

Do you think it would be ok.
Thank you again.

sahar2017

Jun 27, 2017
hi,
i want to know the advantages of the visit visa which is 5 years n multi visa.
for example can i register my child to school or not?
plz advice me what right i will have with this visa.

thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi,
i want to know the advantages of the visit visa which is 5 years n multi visa.
for example can i register my child to school or not?

thanks in advance
A visitor visa only allows you to visit. It does not allow you to work, attend school, or live in Canada.

No - you cannot register your child in school as a visitor. In order to register your child in school, you will need to obtain a study permit for your child and also be prepared to pay $14K per year in tuition.

Reactions: sahar2017

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
None!

You and your child will have no benefits from Canada as you are a visitor. Only citizens, PR's and recognized refugees are entitled to access to any of the benefits and services. All the TRV provides you is the ability to travel to Canada. CBSA will make the final determination of how long to enter the country (maximum 6 months). It is entirely possible that you will be given a short time or refused entry entirely if they don't feel you are a visitor.

Reactions: sahar2017

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna thank you so much for your input. My sister will indicate her involvedness in business like she might will write a letter he responsibility regarding business. She has to come back for business as long as we don't sold them. She is the person take decision, pay to employees lot other activities, so that she cant stay out long time.

She will show ties in back home:
4 months Bank statement including business and personal account with current balance.
Business ownership documents.
Income tax slip paid on business income for 3 years
Properties tax documents
She owned car-I am not sure if she need to indicate that she owned car.

She will say that business is the main reason that she will be back.

Do you think it would be ok.
Thank you again.
For her business she must also include:
Profit-Loss statement and/or audit report by a chartered accountant + company/business profile with client list + 2-3 works contracts/purchase orders (recently completed + on-going) + employee tax registration + 4-6 months business bank statement + 4-6 months her personal bank statement + 1 year business tax returns + 1-2 years her personal tax returns + rent agreement for the office/work place and 2-3 months rent receipts (if it is the case), etc etc

Her personal finances: Financial investments

Explanation: Why she is allowed to use business funds for a private visit (is it a sole ownership or a partnership business??) + the net amount available in the business bank account (she cannot show the total amount as available funds as it includes employee salaries, supplier payments, taxes, etc) + why she can take XX days off from her work schedule + who will temporarily look after her business when she is away. All this must be backed by evidence/documents.

She must also include 2-3 reasons to return home by a specific date, with evidence.

For her properties:
Are they sole ownership or owned with someone else? For the latter, she must state her percentage of ownership + indicative market value of that percentage ownership + property tax receipts + valuation (self or by a CA), etc

For the car: Has she purchased it on loan then yes, she can include documents and a loan repayment statement (as a reason to return)

Last edited:
Reactions: iceberge

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
For her business she must also include:
Profit-Loss statement and/or audit report by a chartered accountant + company/business profile with client list + 2-3 works contracts/purchase orders (recently completed + on-going) + employee tax registration + 4-6 months business bank statement + 4-6 months her personal bank statement + 1 year business tax returns + 1-2 years her personal tax returns + rent agreement for the office/work place and 2-3 months rent receipts (if it is the case), etc etc

Her personal finances: Financial investments

Explanation: Why she is allowed to use business funds for a private visit (is it a sole ownership or a partnership business??) + the net amount available in the business bank account (she cannot show the total amount as available funds as it includes employee salaries, supplier payments, taxes, etc) + why she can take XX days off from her work schedule + who will temporarily look after her business when she is away. All this must be backed by evidence/documents.

She must also include 2-3 reasons to return home by a specific date, with evidence.

For her properties:
Are they sole ownership or owned with someone else? For the latter, she must state her percentage of ownership + indicative market value of that percentage ownership + property tax receipts + valuation (self or by a CA), etc

For the car: Has she purchased it on loan then yes, she can include documents and a loan repayment statement (as a reason to return)

“Thank you Bryanna for helping me out today and for your brief information".
(is it a sole ownership or a partnership business??)
I'm sorry for wrong information, The first one is our family business. Ownership is on her and my brother name. Since he doesn't do much activity on it therefore I totally forgot that my brother also owned the business. Another business also owns she and another partner. So basically both business are partnership.

For her properties: Are they sole ownership or owned with someone else ?
Property some of them are on her name and some of them she & I owned.

For the car: Has she purchased it on loan
No its not on loan, the time car was purchase paid in full amount, so that we don't owe balance.

Thank you all for your tremendous help.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm sorry for wrong information, The first one is our family business. Ownership is on her and my brother name. Since he doesn't do much activity on it therefore I totally forgot that my brother also owned the business.
In addition to the other documents which I had suggested, she must also include the Business partnership agreement + explain/provide evidence of her responsibilities (and why your brother will NOT be able to manage the business, hence she must return by XX date) + a letter from your brother (business partner) that she is allowed to use XXX funds from the business account for her Canada visit

Another business also owns she and another partner. So basically both business are partnership.
Same documents as what I have suggested for the business partnership with your brother

For her properties: Are they sole ownership or owned with someone else ?
Property some of them are on her name and some of them she & I owned.
I have given suggestions for this, especially the percentage ownership + total indicative market value and her percentage of the total indicative market value

For the car: Has she purchased it on loan
No its not on loan, the time car was purchase paid in full amount, so that we don't owe balance.
That's good. I'm assuming the car was not purchased with business funds to claim depreciation benefits.

You can include this as part of her financial situation + state it was a purchased in full = Her good financial situation.

I also suggest:
1. She prepare a cover letter with separate sections for Applicant details + Host details + Strong ties to the home country (business + property + financial + family ties) + Purpose of Visit (broad outline) + Available funds for my visit + Financial situation + Why she must return to the home country by XX date.

All information in point format, briefly. Give cross reference to evidence + evidence must be numbered.

2. A detailed day-by-day itinerary of her proposed visit with expense estimates

3. A Personal Net Worth/Personal Assets statement (property + financial investments + jewelry valuation by a certified jeweler + car, etc)

All amounts throughout the application must be stated in both her local currency + CAD.

Documents must be in English or translated into English/French by a certified translator

Reactions: iceberge

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
In addition to the other documents which I had suggested, she must also include the Business partnership agreement + explain/provide evidence of her responsibilities (and why your brother will NOT be able to manage the business, hence she must return by XX date) + a letter from your brother (business partner) that she is allowed to use XXX funds from the business account for her Canada visit

Same documents as what I have suggested for the business partnership with your brother

I have given suggestions for this, especially the percentage ownership + total indicative market value and her percentage of the total indicative market value

That's good. I'm assuming the car was not purchased with business funds to claim depreciation benefits.

You can include this as part of her financial situation + state it was a purchased in full = Her good financial situation.

I also suggest:
1. She prepare a cover letter with separate sections for Applicant details + Host details + Strong ties to the home country (business + property + financial + family ties) + Purpose of Visit (broad outline) + Available funds for my visit + Financial situation + Why she must return to the home country by XX date.

All information in point format, briefly. Give cross reference to evidence + evidence must be numbered.

2. A detailed day-by-day itinerary of her proposed visit with expense estimates

3. A Personal Net Worth/Personal Assets statement (property + financial investments + jewelry valuation by a certified jeweler + car, etc)

All amounts throughout the application must be stated in both her local currency + CAD.

Documents must be in English or translated into English/French by a certified translator

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Thanks Bryanna for being so helpful. Also thank you for all your assistance. I will follow your instructions.