+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temperory Visit Visa

akshay1983

Jun 14, 2017
we made 2 visa applications.

1 for my father, mother, sister, grandmother, 2nd for myself, wife and daughter.

both applications were made on June 5, exactly 2 hours apart.

Application 1 was updated on june 6, and on June 14 the process was completed and they asked for our passports.

Application 2 however, is yet to be updated on the system. the only update we received was that the online submission has been made and the visa fees has been paid.

Any idea on why this delay in process? and is this normal?

have travel plans made for July 1 , but am worried that we all wouldnt be able to travel as one application is not showing any progress.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Application 2 however, is yet to be updated on the system. the only update we received was that the online submission has been made and the visa fees has been paid.

Any idea on why this delay in process? and is this normal?
There's no delay. This is perfectly normal.

Current estimated processing time is 25 days. Actual processing could be faster/take longer

have travel plans made for July 1 , but am worried that we all wouldnt be able to travel as one application is not showing any progress.
It's never a good idea to book tickets before visas are issued

Hope you get your TRVs soon

akshay1983

Jun 14, 2017
There's no delay. This is perfectly normal.

Current estimated processing time is 25 days. Actual processing could be faster/take longer

It's never a good idea to book tickets before visas are issued

Hope you get your TRVs soon

thanks for your quick reply.

i guess it may be right based on processing timelines, it was 21 days when we applied on June 5.

however my worry on my Application#2 , is that it was merely 2 hours after the first application and why hasnt that even been looked into. Guess no one will have a clear reply on their processes.

Was thinking of visiting their Abudhabi Embassy tomorrow, however the forums are not too positive on visits there. Does it make sense to visit them? or they do not talk to public at all?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You can be assured that CIC has started processing the second set of applications.

It won't help to visit the Abu Dhabi visa office as you won't be allowed inside/you will not be able to meet or speak with any visa processing staff.

Would you be visiting the US or any other country first?

akshay1983

Jun 14, 2017
You can be assured that CIC has started processing the second set of applications. : they probably have but then there should atleast be an update like we received for the first set of applications . In fact there have been 3 updates there and none for the second set.

It won't help to visit the Abu Dhabi visa office as you won't be allowed inside/you will not be able to meet or speak with any visa processing staff.

Would you be visiting the US or any other country first?
Yes we are traveling to the US FIRST and then the plan is to go to Canada

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes we are traveling to the US FIRST and then the plan is to go to Canada
I suggest you email the relevant visa office for your country/region to request for expedited processing because you will be traveling with other family members who have been approved for TRVs.

You can prepare one combined PDF for the flight tickets + scan your US visas (also any previous US entry stamps) + passport request letters of the first set of applicants

Hope this works

stylito

Jun 12, 2017
Dear Bryanna

hope you doing well.

Me and my wife applied for visitor visa (paper application) here in dubai on 11 may 2017 but still our case under process, its more than 26days as per UAE canada office processing time

please note our travel date is 30 june 2017 and our hotel and flight are already booked.

really worried though our travel history are very good (UK,Europe, Australia etc) and we submitted everything our home country asset, uae tenancy contract, bank statement also well maintained in short we submitted all documents information than why its taking so long?

kindly comment.

thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I'm good. Thanks.

As processing time has crossed the posted time on the IRCC website, you can send a Case Specific Enquiry (Web form available on the IRCC website) + an email to the Abu Dhabi VO to request for expedited decisions. You can include copies of your flight bookings (including any US visa/bookings/scheduled visit).

You can also try linking your application to your online account for more status updates:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp

Once linked, all notifications will be only in this online account.

I would check if IRCC is doing background checks on your application (in the status updates)

Cheers

akshay1983

Jun 14, 2017
I suggest you email the relevant visa office for your country/region to request for expedited processing because you will be traveling with other family members who have been approved for TRVs.

You can prepare one combined PDF for the flight tickets + scan your US visas (also any previous US entry stamps) + passport request letters of the first set of applicants

Hope this works
Thanks bryanna.

I have already mailed the office in abudhabi , and their automated reply says upto 15 working days .

All our documents are definitely in place and all travel docs etc have been forwarded to them including all tickets and hotels booked in US AND CANADA.

Tried talking to anyone , they are very clear only follow online or mail us. Both of which seem impossible.

Will mail them once again , just wondering if I am sounding too desperate . Really the only reason is that we have booked and paid up, else I would be happy to cancel the summer trip and am very happy going just to the US. their process earlier was so much more dependable, don't know if outsourcing has really helped.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Hi bryanna and all other expect.

I am looking for visitor visa for my wife, I hold PR status in Canada (from last 2 months). I read somewhere in the forum that its very tough to get visitor visa for spouse if other one as PR, is it right ? She as a Job, and for finance I can arrange something. What else we can show for ties to India, no one is depend on her, so that will be a weak point ? Please help me here, visitor visa takes 25 days from India and Family sponsorship class takes 12 months (that I don't want to do it).

And one more thing, if she get visitor visa and land in Canada, can I apply for OWP right away or directly for PR process ?

Please give some advice.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I read somewhere in the forum that its very tough to get visitor visa for spouse if other one as PR, is it right ?
Absolutely right, but doable nonetheless.

She as a Job
That's a good tie.

, and for finance I can arrange something.
That's not something you must arrange. She must prove she is not financially dependent on you.

What else we can show for ties to India, no one is depend on her, so that will be a weak point ?
Property ownership or a lease agreement in her name, previous travel history, etc. Does she have any of this?

Please help me here, visitor visa takes 25 days from India and Family sponsorship class takes 12 months (that I don't want to do it).
We cannot choose which visa we want. The visa we apply for must be practical to obtain with minimum risks for refusal.

And one more thing, if she get visitor visa and land in Canada, can I apply for OWP right away or directly for PR process ?
You can apply for her OWP at the same time as her inland PR

stylito

Jun 12, 2017
Thanks bryanna.

I have already mailed the office in abudhabi , and their automated reply says upto 15 working days .

All our documents are definitely in place and all travel docs etc have been forwarded to them including all tickets and hotels booked in US AND CANADA.

Tried talking to anyone , they are very clear only follow online or mail us. Both of which seem impossible.

Will mail them once again , just wondering if I am sounding too desperate . Really the only reason is that we have booked and paid up, else I would be happy to cancel the summer trip and am very happy going just to the US. their process earlier was so much more dependable, don't know if outsourcing has really helped.
hello akshay1983

any update after you email CIC?

stylito

Jun 12, 2017
Hi,

I'm good. Thanks.

As processing time has crossed the posted time on the IRCC website, you can send a Case Specific Enquiry (Web form available on the IRCC website) + an email to the Abu Dhabi VO to request for expedited decisions. You can include copies of your flight bookings (including any US visa/bookings/scheduled visit).

You can also try linking your application to your online account for more status updates:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp

Once linked, all notifications will be only in this online account.

I would check if IRCC is doing background checks on your application (in the status updates)

Cheers
hello bryanna

thank you for your advice, i linked our application last Wednesday but there is no update

back ground check not required in our case
medical not required

what next?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
hello bryanna

thank you for your advice, i linked our application last Wednesday but there is no update

back ground check not required in our case
medical not required

what next?
Final decisions.

Hope you've emailed the visa office requesting for expedited decisions

akshay1983

Jun 14, 2017
hello akshay1983

any update after you email CIC?
hello.

have not received any reply from CIC on my email sent.

However my 2nd application has made progress. After repeatedly following up with the local VFS office, we came to know that our online application was not showing in their system at all. So we were advised to use the link "Report Technical Issues" through our online account. We provided the entire case summary including timelines and attached a copy of our Fee Payment Receipt for their records.

This submission was quickly followed by an update from their side and our application was put into process . We followed up and have written to them via the same online technical link and are also in tough with the local VFS office with the hope for a speedy process. The local office seems hopeful that they would get our documents and TRV processed before our intended travel date owing to a delay from their online system.

Fingers crossed now.