+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temperory Visit Visa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
hello.

have not received any reply from CIC on my email sent.

However my 2nd application has made progress. After repeatedly following up with the local VFS office, we came to know that our online application was not showing in their system at all. So we were advised to use the link "Report Technical Issues" through our online account. We provided the entire case summary including timelines and attached a copy of our Fee Payment Receipt for their records.

This submission was quickly followed by an update from their side and our application was put into process . We followed up and have written to them via the same online technical link and are also in tough with the local VFS office with the hope for a speedy process. The local office seems hopeful that they would get our documents and TRV processed before our intended travel date owing to a delay from their online system.

Fingers crossed now.
That's great. Glad to know it's getting sorted.

You'll get your TRVs soon :)

stylito

Jun 12, 2017
Dear Bryanna

I emailed CIC to expedite our case on tuesday @ 2pm and today (wednesday) @ 3pm CIC refused our application

Reason in 2016 to refused are
1. you have not satisfied me that you would leave canada..........
2. Purpose of visit
3. Immigration status in resident country

Reason in 2017 to refused are
2. Travel History

i am sure they are not checking any thing because when they said Travel History (i traveled to Georgia, France, Holland, Scotland, London (UK), Australia) how they can refused our application for travel history?

what you will comment on this?

what more to do now to get canada tourist visa?

our travel agent will not refund the 20% of our tour package which we paid them as advance

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear Bryanna

I emailed CIC to expedite our case on tuesday @ 2pm and today (wednesday) @ 3pm CIC refused our application

Reason in 2016 to refused are
2. Purpose of visit
3. Immigration status in resident country

Reason in 2017 to refused are
2. Travel History

i am sure they are not checking any thing because when they said Travel History (i traveled to Georgia, France, Holland, Scotland, London (UK), Australia) how they can refused our application for travel history?

what you will comment on this?

what more to do now to get canada tourist visa?

our travel agent will not refund the 20% of our tour package which we paid them as advance
Really sorry to hear that you and your wife were refused.

1. Do post the complete list of documents you submitted

2. When does the tour depart? Will you stay back after the tour? How long is your visit?

3. Did you order GCMS notes for your first refusal in 2016?

4. Did you submit a Travel History explanation?

5. Do you and your wife have valid US visas?

6. Do you have any family in Canada?

Cheers

stylito

Jun 12, 2017
Really sorry to hear that you and your wife were refused.

2. When does the tour depart? Will you stay back after the tour? How long is your visit?

Cheers

Complete form along with family information, valid passport along with photo copy of all the country visa stamps (entry and exit stamp on passport), travel insurance, bank statement (salary account, home country bank statement and our joint account bank statement), itinerary, flight ticket, hotel booking, marriage certificate, electricity, gas and water bills, tenancy contract, home country property documents, marriage and travel pictures, company no objection certificate letter

june 30 2017, yes we have to back and resume our duties on 9 july, 7 days only

no

yes everything stamped on our passport and original passport with them

No we don't have usa visa (USA visa refused twice (gave us 214B form)

No we don't have anyone in canada

please note passport still with them they only updated online

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Complete form along with family information, valid passport along with photo copy of all the country visa stamps (entry and exit stamp on passport), travel insurance, bank statement (salary account, home country bank statement and our joint account bank statement), itinerary, flight ticket, hotel booking, marriage certificate, electricity, gas and water bills, tenancy contract, home country property documents, marriage and travel pictures, company no objection certificate letter

You have a pretty good case for TRV approval. Maybe you were refused because you did not present your application/documents well.

Based on the refusal reasons, IMO, you should also have included:
1. Your UAE resident permit

2. Employment contract, including the contracts for previous years. If it's expiring shortly then a letter from your employer that it would be renewed

4. Leave approval letter that states your job responsibilities + you will have your job when you return

5. 3-4 months salary slips or a salary statement issued by the employer

6. A day-by-day itinerary with detailed expense estimates

7. Property valuations (self or by a property assessor) with the indicate market value in CAD + support evidence for the market rates + latest property tax/council tax receipts, etc

8. Evidence of dependent family members either in the UAE or Pakistan, especially if you transfer money to their accounts

9. Evidence of tour bookings + the credentials of the tour company (website, brochure, etc).

10. Hope the hotel and flight bookings were made by the tour company, and not by yourself

11. Travel History explanation: In a tabular format, give the visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit for the countries you visited

All documents must be in English or translated into English by a certified translator.

As you have already been refused twice for Canada + twice for the US, I would suggest you do NOT reapply until you obtain GCMS notes first.

Even if you were to reapply asap without the GCMS notes, you will not get a decision before June 30. You could request the tour company to reschedule your booking to a later date/a few months later. Some tour companies do refund the booking fees if visa is refused.

Do order GCMS notes

stylito

Jun 12, 2017
You have a pretty good case for TRV approval. Maybe you were refused because you did not present your application/documents well.

Based on the refusal reasons, IMO, you should also have included:

2. Employment contract, including the contracts for previous years. If it's expiring shortly then a letter from your employer that it would be renewed

4. Leave approval letter that states your job responsibilities + you will have your job when you return

7. Property valuations (self or by a property assessor) with the indicate market value in CAD + support evidence for the market rates + latest property tax/council tax receipts, etc

8. Evidence of dependent family members either in the UAE or Pakistan, especially if you transfer money to their accounts

9. Evidence of tour bookings + the credentials of the tour company (website, brochure, etc).

10. Hope the hotel and flight bookings were made by the tour company, and not by yourself

11. Travel History explanation: In a tabular format, give the visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit for the countries you visited

All documents must be in English or translated into English by a certified translator.

As you have already been refused twice for Canada + twice for the US, I would suggest you do NOT reapply until you obtain GCMS notes first.

Even if you were to reapply asap without the GCMS notes, you will not get a decision before June 30. You could request the tour company to reschedule your booking to a later date/a few months later. Some tour companies do refund the booking fees if visa is refused.

Do order GCMS notes

Thank you so much and really appreciate your prompt reply.

Yes my UAE resident permit stamped on my passport and also mentioned on my form

In UAE there is 2 type of contract Limited and Unlimited and my contract with my company is Unlimited and my employment/resident visa renewed by my company last april and it will expire on April 2019 (please note I am an indian and work and living in UAE since 2006 and I joined my present company on March 2015)

Yes NOC letter duly signed and stamped by our HR manager mentioned my purpose, my designation, my salary, my date of joining, travelling date from and to and I also submitted my approved leave application stating my date of duty resuming

Our salary reflect on salary account and I submitted original last 6 months bank statement

Yes I did submitted day by day itinerary

I don’t know about it, I just submitted my india property registered and notarized paper (value of my property in CAD 33000)

I deposit in my indian bank account every month and my parents withdraw from my account in india (through add on ATM card) so this document I am not able to submit

Our ticket and hotel booking arranged by musafir.com and printed on their letter head ( they are very famous in UAE) ( according to musafir.com they arranged thousands of applicant tour booking and they told us only submit what they giving )

Our ticket and hotel booking arranged by musafir.com and printed on their letter head (they are very famous in UAE)

On form they asking place of country we visited in last 3-5 years so we filled it accordingly.

Yes all in english

How to get GCSM note? Where to request for it? Asking GCSM is safe or they will make hard for our future application? I heard we can’t appeal for refusal as we not going to win legal with CIC so is GCMS will lead us to appeal legal or its safe to ask GCSM?

We applied our application May 11, means 50 days prior.

Do order GCMS notes

Is there any CIC form or format to requesting for GCMS or just simple email to GCMS?

Please note as my wife application still under process and I am positive about her application though we submitted together and submitted same document and reason I am positive about my wife case because she already visited Canada last year. Maybe that’s the only reason they rejected my visa but her visa application still under process.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

IMO, you will get a TRV if you present your paperwork properly. You have good, strong ties.

Visa officers don't have too much time to go through passports and figure out entry/exit stamps or the latest residence permit. That's why good paperwork makes the difference.

When you reapply, do include a cover letter with separate sections for:
Applicant details + Refusal reasons and addressing them + Immigration status in the UAE (scan the resident permit + state details) + Strong ties to the UAE + Strong ties to India + Purpose of Visit (itineraries + credentials of the tour company) + Available funds for my visit + Financial situation + Travel History (chronological in a tabular format + scan UK, Australia and Schengen visas) + Why I must return to the UAE by XX date.

Do highlight the Unlimited Work Contract.

No long, run on sentences. Keep it short with facts in point format + give reference numbers to evidence/cross references to evidence in the cover letter.

Yes I did submitted day by day itinerary
Include detailed expense estimates to prove you can afford the visit.

Also include an overseas travel medical insurance policy to match your intended visit dates + 2-3 months' credit card statements (state you will bring these CCs)

I deposit in my indian bank account every month and my parents withdraw from my account in india (through add on ATM card) so this document I am not able to submit

Do highlight the bank transfers from your UAE bank account to the India one. You obviously cannot be physically in two places at the same time. So you can explain that your parents withdraw these funds from the ATM.

Also include evidence, for example: You pay rent for their place, utility bills, medical insurance, etc

I don’t know about it, I just submitted my india property registered and notarized paper (value of my property in CAD 33000)

Do include the property documents which I had suggested. Affidavits/CA valuations won't work in isolation. Supporting evidence is essential.

Our ticket and hotel booking arranged by musafir.com and printed on their letter head ( they are very famous in UAE) ( according to musafir.com they arranged thousands of applicant tour booking and they told us only submit what they giving )
I suggest you include the additional documents I had mentioned.

Unfortunately, tour companies don't take responsibility for visa refusals.... nor do they have the unenviable task of declaring visa refusals for any future visa applications.

How to get GCSM note? Where to request for it? Asking GCSM is safe or they will make hard for our future application? I heard we can’t appeal for refusal as we not going to win legal with CIC so is GCMS will lead us to appeal legal or its safe to ask GCSM?

Here's how to order:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

No, GCMS notes will not affect your future applications. It helps to understand why you were refused.

Fingers crossed your wife gets her TRV soon

stylito

Jun 12, 2017
Hi,

IMO, you will get a TRV if you present your paperwork properly. You have good, strong ties.

Visa officers don't have too much time to go through passports and figure out entry/exit stamps or the latest residence permit. That's why good paperwork makes the difference.

Applicant details + Refusal reasons and addressing them + Immigration status in the UAE (scan the resident permit + state details) + Strong ties to the UAE + Strong ties to India + Purpose of Visit (itineraries + credentials of the tour company) + Available funds for my visit + Financial situation + Travel History (chronological in a tabular format + scan UK, Australia and Schengen visas) + Why I must return to the UAE by XX date.

No long, run on sentences. Keep it short with facts in point format + give reference numbers to evidence/cross references to evidence in the cover letter.

Also include an overseas travel medical insurance policy to match your intended visit dates + 2-3 months' credit card statements (state you will bring these CCs)

Do highlight the bank transfers from your UAE bank account to the India one. You obviously cannot be physically in two places at the same time. So you can explain that your parents withdraw these funds from the ATM.

Also include evidence, for example: You pay rent for their place, utility bills, medical insurance, etc

Do include the property documents which I had suggested. Affidavits/CA valuations won't work in isolation. Supporting evidence is essential.

Unfortunately, tour companies don't take responsibility for visa refusals.... nor do they have the unenviable task of declaring visa refusals for any future visa applications.

Here's how to order:

No, GCMS notes will not affect your future applications. It helps to understand why you were refused.

Dear bryanna

Thank you so much and will remember all these in my future application

Do you mind to give me your official email ID so I can communicate with you for our future application.

Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear bryanna

Thank you so much and will remember all these in my future application

Do you mind to give me your official email ID so I can communicate with you for our future application.

Thank you
You're welcome :)

I don't share my personal/professional details. BTW I'm just a regular professional like everyone else. I don't work in immigration or similar areas.

You can write to me here and I will be happy to help you

Reactions: stylito

akshay1983

Jun 14, 2017
hi bryanna ,

would you believe i still dont have any update on my TRV.

further to my complaint on my lost online application, they finally activated my online submission on june 15.
my entire family (all those who applied on the same day) got their passports with approved TRV's on june 19.

its june 24 and i am still awaiting my TRV to be approved, post which the passport will be submitted for stamping.

i have written to them in every forum and way possible, and the only reply i got after 12 days was that we since 2015 we dont accept any emails and you need to write a comment in a particular format and submit it online. can you believe this came after their website as well as VFS dubai all give the same email id for any further communication. what a bummer. this has been a very frustrating experience, such dis-credit for this actually being a mistake from their end. it seems i would end up losing quite a bit of money for stuff paid up.

any ideas on what i can do to quicken this up, i have exactly 3 working days left. Without an approval nothings moving forward except my flight.

Should i just happily go to the US and forget about canada, i would have seriously done that had i not paid up. i feel really sad to lose money on procedural errors and nothing to do with me. also the grand parents are going to be really sad and this was a trip of 4 generations they were really looking too. wonder if it would ever happen again.

any suggestions ??

stylito

Jun 12, 2017
Hi,

Here's how to order:

Hi

i will request my gcms to which department?

Only Canadian citizen can request for gcms? As it's mentioned on cic website?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
any ideas on what i can do to quicken this up, i have exactly 3 working days left. Without an approval nothings moving forward except my flight.
I suggest you again send both CSE + email to the visa office. Mark it as 'Urgent'. Include the flight tickets + scanned TRVs of all accompanying family members.

Mention it would be most unfortunate if a decision on your TRV application is delayed any further as it would jeopardize everyone's plans + it will dishearten everyone who has planned this trip from a long time + you would be the only one left out of family photographs/memories.

You could make the request a bit emotional..... just enough to make the visa officer give a quick decision without him/her sobbing :):)

Should i just happily go to the US and forget about canada, i would have seriously done that had i not paid up.
Don't give up.

How long will you be in the US? And at/around one location?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi

i will request my gcms to which department?

Only Canadian citizen can request for gcms? As it's mentioned on cic website?
You can request GCMS notes/CAIPS through anyone who lives in Canada. You must include your consent letter. Cost: CAD 5, Time: 4-5 weeks

Alternatively, you can Google for an agent who can order on your behalf. Cost: Don't pay more than CAD 25-35, Time: 5-7 weeks

Ain

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
Hello Bryanna,I am holding Canadian PR, I wanted my mom come for visit to Canada for short interval what is the procedure?she is in Pakistan... your help is highly appreciated thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Bryanna,I am holding Canadian PR, I wanted my mom come for visit to Canada for short interval what is the procedure?she is in Pakistan... your help is highly appreciated thanks
Hi,

She can apply for a TRV.

Do see the Instruction Guide + Document Checklist + Visa Office instructions for Pakistan here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

You can post any specific queries if you need more advice

Cheers

Reactions: Ain