+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temp Work Visa Questions

obrandygirl

Jan 26, 2008
I'm US Citizen, with 15 years executive management experience.
If my Canadian boyfriend gives me a job offer and it is approved for a temp work visa, am I then ok to move to Canada and apply for other jobs on the same work visa? I read somewhere that if I lose the job that the visa was issued for then I lose my visa. Would that visa allow me to continue to work for him on a part time basis while I worked for another company?

I have not begun the process of applying for any visa because there are a few I could qualify for, ei: Skilled Workers, Family Class.

If I apply for the Family Class Visa (conjugal) and then apply for a temp worker visa with an offer from his company will that hold up or hinder the processing of the TRV application?

Is it worth it to hire an immigration attorney?

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
A work visa is specific to the employer. You will probably be closely scrutinized if your boyfriend offers you a job. Unless your skills are very specific to his business, and he has difficulty finding that skillset in the marketplace, he won't be ale to obtain the required labour market opinion (LMO).

Applications for immigration and work permits are handled separately. So you can do both at the same time.

If you are an organized person and confident in your ability to put together the forms for immigration, I wouldn't bother with an attorney. However if, as an executive manager, you find yourself doing a lot of delegating, maybe an attorney isn't a bad idea. It's really a personal decision.

Good luck.

chelly

Jun 25, 2009
expiring work visa

My work visa will expire on oct this year but i'm planning to have a vacation in our country.

chelly

Jun 25, 2009
my work visa will be expiring this oct 2009 while my work permit on jan 2010. im planning to go back to our country for a vacation on jan 2010. do you think it's possible for me to have a vacation there, eventhough, let's say that the renewal of my work permit is still in progress?

thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's going to be tricky to get back in if your work permit is being renewed. It happened to a coworker of mine that he was sent to the US on business while his work permit was being renewed and he had problems coming back although they did let him in eventually. He is from a visa-exempt country and he still had problems.

chelly

Jun 25, 2009
Can anybody explain to me the meaning of a multiple work visa? i'm confused because my visa has an expiry date of oct 7 2009 but it is also written there that it's multiple entry...

thanks