mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Dear Captain,

I have taken health insurance for my family for 100 days from the date of landing.

How to prove residential ties? Do we need to stay 153 days out of 180 days?

OHIP eligibility requireemnt is quite confusing. Please advice.

mycan

soby

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 15, 2009
Doc's Request.
Oct 30, 2009
AOR Received.
Feb18, 2010
File Transfer...
Nov 3, 2009
Med's Request
March 4, 2011
Med's Done....
March 19 & 26, 2011
Interview........
Jan 30, 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 15, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 19, 2011 (PP Submitted on 13/10 received on 20/10)
LANDED..........
March 2, 2012
mycan said:
Dear Captain,

I have taken health insurance for my family for 100 days from the date of landing.

How to prove residential ties? Do we need to stay 153 days out of 180 days?

OHIP eligibility requireemnt is quite confusing. Please advice.

mycan
As soon as you have Canadian Address proof (mobile bill, credit card bill, Driving license etc) you can apply for OHIP but you only get the coverage after 93 days of your landing
Rgds
Soby

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
soby said:
As soon as you have Canadian Address proof (mobile bill, credit card bill, Driving license etc) you can apply for OHIP but you only get the coverage after 93 days of your landing
Rgds
Soby
Thank you Soby.
Hope your kid fully recovered from fever.
I came to know that even temparature in Toronto is 18dec C.
Take care.
mycan

soby

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 15, 2009
Doc's Request.
Oct 30, 2009
AOR Received.
Feb18, 2010
File Transfer...
Nov 3, 2009
Med's Request
March 4, 2011
Med's Done....
March 19 & 26, 2011
Interview........
Jan 30, 2011
Passport Req..
Sept 15, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 19, 2011 (PP Submitted on 13/10 received on 20/10)
LANDED..........
March 2, 2012
mycan said:
Thank you Soby.
Hope your kid fully recovered from fever.
I came to know that even temparature in Toronto is 18dec C.
Take care.
mycan
Thank you my can she is recovering. Still has cough and cold.
Oh yes the weather in Toronto is very good now
Rgds
Soby

vinpar

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
all sent with the initial file
Med's Request
cleared
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
Issued March
LANDED..........
May- June hopefully
Hello,
I am in similar situation as Ankit. Any advise on whether to take from India (ICICI) or from Canada. Not sure if there be a claim will it be any problem. The guys here always sell saying it is cashless..etc.. but in reality not sure if that works..

like to get some advise from people who have been through this.
My case I shall be travelling alone and my family will join after a couple of months.

thnx,

ankit_20 said:
Hi Qorax

I could not locate a Insurance providet from India who is willing to provide the insurance cover for immigrants for more than 60 days.

They can provide travle insurance to non immigrants for up to 6 months.

Any suggestions

murthydvssn

Mar 30, 2012
Hi,
I have applied for Canada Immigration in the month of March 2011.
Till now i didnt get any request for Medical Examination
Usually how many months we have to wait after applying?
Murthy

vinpar

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
cleared
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
Issued March
LANDED..........
May- June hopefully
Hi Qorax, Himps,

Would appreciate a response.
1. The 153 days out of 12 months is confusing along with OHIP effective 90 days after landing. If I land in say 1st June, will medical expenses from doctor's visit be covered under OHIP 3 months from 1st june (3 Sep). OR would I need to wait for 153 days??
2. I am planning to take blue cross before i come there. (The landed immigrant thing). Most cases it mentions only emergency. If after I land, I have some stomach pain (for example) and need to consult a doctor (not hospitalized) to take treatment/medication, will I be covered under this.???? I am planning to take.

Blue Cross - Tele: 1-800-873-2583
https://www.useblue.com/assurance-voyage/trouver-produit/liste-protections/visiteurs-canada1/visiteurs-canada-immigrants.en.html

3. Given point 1 will it suffice if i take bluecross for 90/100 days? Or should i take for ATLEAST 153 days?????

Thanks,
vinpar

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
vinpar said:
Hi Qorax, Himps,

Would appreciate a response.
1. The 153 days out of 12 months is confusing along with OHIP effective 90 days after landing. If I land in say 1st June, will medical expenses from doctor's visit be covered under OHIP 3 months from 1st june (3 Sep). OR would I need to wait for 153 days??
2. I am planning to take blue cross before i come there. (The landed immigrant thing). Most cases it mentions only emergency. If after I land, I have some stomach pain (for example) and need to consult a doctor (not hospitalized) to take treatment/medication, will I be covered under this.???? I am planning to take.

Blue Cross - Tele: 1-800-873-2583
https://www.useblue.com/assurance-voyage/trouver-produit/liste-protections/visiteurs-canada1/visiteurs-canada-immigrants.en.html

3. Given point 1 will it suffice if i take bluecross for 90/100 days? Or should i take for ATLEAST 153 days?????

Thanks,
vinpar
Hi,

1. OHIP will be applicable to u after 90-days. That is, from the 3rd month of ur residential ties in Ontario u'd be receiving free meds whatever it may be. Remember, drugs r not included except while being hospitalized.

2. U got to study the Temp. Insurance provider's docs. And it also depends on the package that u selected. Some will cover everything, while some might take only emergencies into consideration. In any case, for regular clinical needs u have an option to visit the nearest Walk-In Clinic... there u'd receive Free consultations, whether u have the OHIP or otherwise. It's only the hospitalization that'd be a killer w/out some sort of med.insurance.

3. Just 90-days will suffice.

Good luck.

vinpar

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
cleared
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
Issued March
LANDED..........
May- June hopefully
Thanks Qorax for your response. Was evaluating between Blue cross and RBC. For the same coverage amount ($150,000) both are costing almost the same.

Given this, any preference of one of the other in terms of service and claims settlement if any (a bank insurance like RBC insurance vs an insurance from health insurance company like blue cross).

Thnx,

qorax said:
Hi,

1. OHIP will be applicable to u after 90-days. That is, from the 3rd month of ur residential ties in Ontario u'd be receiving free meds whatever it may be. Remember, drugs r not included except while being hospitalized.

2. U got to study the Temp. Insurance provider's docs. And it also depends on the package that u selected. Some will cover everything, while some might take only emergencies into consideration. In any case, for regular clinical needs u have an option to visit the nearest Walk-In Clinic... there u'd receive Free consultations, whether u have the OHIP or otherwise. It's only the hospitalization that'd be a killer w/out some sort of med.insurance.

3. Just 90-days will suffice.

Good luck.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
vinpar said:
Thanks Qorax for your response. Was evaluating between Blue cross and RBC. For the same coverage amount ($150,000) both are costing almost the same.

Given this, any preference of one of the other in terms of service and claims settlement if any (a bank insurance like RBC insurance vs an insurance from health insurance company like blue cross).

Thnx,
All aspects remaining the same I'd go with a med.ins. org.

Jul 10, 2010
Dear sir Qorax,

I got a problem,

Me and my wife's passport is already stamped, we are going Canada end of June, I got a problem regarding to Medical examination.

According to them, They found inactive Tuberculosis (TB) in my wife, and they send the letter mentioning that my wife must contact public health authority in province /territory of residence within 30 days of entering Canada. I am going to Toronto. now my question is;

1. may i need to pay for that ( i think that would be huge amount for me?), after landing in Canada? or it will be free...?

It would be nice if you give me suggestion.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
acharyashankar6 said:
Dear sir Qorax,

I got a problem,

Me and my wife's passport is already stamped, we are going Canada end of June, I got a problem regarding to Medical examination.

According to them, They found inactive Tuberculosis (TB) in my wife, and they send the letter mentioning that my wife must contact public health authority in province /territory of residence within 30 days of entering Canada. I am going to Toronto. now my question is;

1. may i need to pay for that ( i think that would be huge amount for me?), after landing in Canada? or it will be free...?

It would be nice if you give me suggestion.
Hi,

That's called a "Medical Surveillance" form. It's sent for all cases having inactive TB. For which, after entering canada u need to visit a Walk-In Clinic (it's free) and get a referral for one of the specific clinics performing this task (if u follow that path - it's free too). Else, u may directly contact any of those clinics as well, in which case u'd pay a very nominal charge... Nothing to worry about.

Hope that helped.

Qorax

vishals_me

Star Member
Apr 20, 2009
NY/NJ/PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2010
Doc's Request.
20-05-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
12-01-2012
Passport Req..
19-06-2012
Qorax,

I have recieved that form for Inactive TB even though I have not received PPR. It's been a month I've received that form but yet no new for PPR. Any idea why they sent me this for before landing/or PPR and how long should I wait more for PPR?

Thanks,

V.

qorax said:
Hi,

That's called a "Medical Surveillance" form. It's sent for all cases having inactive TB. For which, after entering canada u need to visit a Walk-In Clinic (it's free) and get a referral for one of the specific clinics performing this task (if u follow that path - it's free too). Else, u may directly contact any of those clinics as well, in which case u'd pay a very nominal charge... Nothing to worry about.

Hope that helped.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
vishals_me said:
Qorax,

I have recieved that form for Inactive TB even though I have not received PPR. It's been a month I've received that form but yet no new for PPR. Any idea why they sent me this for before landing/or PPR and how long should I wait more for PPR?

Thanks,

V.
U r already on ur fifth month since the meds... which suggests that u should be getting ur PPR anytime now. If u do not receive it in another few weeks pls contact ur IO for an update.

Qorax

jainanshal

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2011
AOR Received.
18-08-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
10-09-2011
Med's Request
12-01-2012
Med's Done....
19-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-02-2012
LANDED..........
12-07-2012
Has anyone got the insurance done from any Indian insurance company? If yes, kindly provide some details...