+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Telecom Jobs in Canada - RF Engr.-

soloman1776

Star Member
May 22, 2012
hi ,could you please elaborate more on how to get and apply jobs for RF/telecom engineering jobs?coz there are very few jobs that are posted on website ,and if they would look for 3-5 years or more experience.
i am looking for something fresh to less than 6 months or entry level positions and how to get in to these companies,coz people say without networking or references you cant get in to such companies.i have lived in canada for two years about to complete my degree but so far things looks harder as i'll be out soon in the sun.
thanks

P.S which province to settle in or job hunt in to ,i am not in to PR shit ,just looking to get some experience and get P.ENG

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
January 2012, PPS Sent - February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
already landed :))
@ ankit,

hi there... my husband is also on the telecom field... could you please link us to some hiring telecom companies... :)

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi faithyou

Send me detals regarding his profile and I will see what can be the next steps

faithyou said:
@ ankit,

hi there... my husband is also on the telecom field... could you please link us to some hiring telecom companies... :)

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
ankit_20 said:
Hi faithyou

Send me detals regarding his profile and I will see what can be the next steps
hi ankit.. thanks for your reply... i'll pm you his profile summary... :D

debasish01

Sep 6, 2012
Dear Friends,

I have 8 yrs of Telecom (NMS/EMS)Technical support,NETWORK Operation Center (NOC) and Manual testing....
I have experience on ALcatel-Lucent NMS (1353/1354/1350) NSN's Advantage Commander and Juniper Networks Q-Fabric NMS...

I know Unix/SQL/SNMP/NMS/EMS..

How is the job market for this type of experience in canada?

gagan99

Sep 13, 2012
Dear all,

I have just landed as a permanent resident in canada ,ontario , and am looking for a job in my field .
I have about 9 years of experience in Rf planning and optimisation in India .

My basic skills are in GSM/CDMA/3G
I have good exposure to Drive test kits, pre/post processing test data, Mapinfo, Tems, Agilent,Assistant/probe
Worked with Spice, Idea & reliance communications.
Have exposure to Motorola, ZTE, Huawei, Alcatel-lucent equipments.

I have been working as hub planning lead for 4 circles in India , but I am willing to work at any level in the telecom sector.

How do I go about finding a job?

bins

Sep 19, 2012
Hello :
I have reached Canada six months back and I am having more than 5 years of experience in RF Engineering .last four year I am working with Nokia Siemens Networks ,India as Designing and Optimization Engineer.I am looking for any technical jobs in Telecom both permanent and contract.Please give me a right advise, doing a Telecom certification course will help me or not?
Thanks and Regards
Bins

bins

Sep 19, 2012
Hello Allison.
I am an Rf engineer having 5 years experience in GSM and UMTS .currently looking for same type of job in Canada.presently I am staying in Toronto.Could you please give me a guildeline for the same.
Bins

AllisonVSC said:
I am Allison VSC's partner and I work for a Canadian Telecom operator. I am also an EE and Accountant.

Job opportunities for RF Engineers in Canada are pretty good. Although generally the growth of the industry is constrained by regulations which need to be revisited (e.g., foreign ownership restrictions), the rapid increase in wireless data traffic, and emergence of wireless substitutes to traditional services (e.g., mobile TV, WBB) is putting stress on the national wireless infrastructure, and network RF engineering teams are quite busy.

Beyond operators, many consultancy businesses and several equipment suppliers (RIM, Nokia...) also hire talent in the RF engineering arena.

A couple of caveats:

- Preferable to establish contacts in the prospective hiring companies before making any major commitment to moving to Canada - if your professional project is the main reason for the move. An exploratory trip may be a good thing.

- Be willing to show some flexibility about the job location: Ontario is well endowed in wireless companies (Ottawa, Kitchener-Waterloo, Toronto), even if the recent recession has put some of the smaller ones temporarily in the ropes; but other provinces such as Quebec and Alberta also offer opportunities (including in avionics for Quebec).

- If you are not proficient in French this will be a problem in Quebec (may not be unsurmountable if you do not have to work with the public). If you are, this will be an opportunity in many places, elsewhere in Canada.

- Finally, once you have circumscribed your target province get familiar with the provincial Professional Engineers body and make contact to understand what they require to recognize your particular engineering credentials. The sooner you do this the more time you will save and problems you will avoid. Many jobs with Telecom operators either require Canadian P.Eng. credentials, or consider it an asset (yes, this is a protectionist gig, but better work with them than against them).

Good luck.

CooLDUD3143

Sep 13, 2012
HI!!!

My Name Is Rizwan I hope to be Landing in Toronto by 15th OCT I have 8 months of customer service experience in a company called MobilinkGSM can I get customer service jobs in the Telecom Sector and will my experience be of any use?? Any1 who can give some input?? Oh and I'm From Lahore Pakistan.....

CHEERS.......

FSS2012

Sep 28, 2012
Hello, We are looking for a Junior Installation Technician to to perform repairs and installations on RF two-way communications, Microwave, AVL, GPS, Cellular, Satellite and other forms of wireless equipment as assigned.

Requirements
Diploma from an accredited Electronic and/ or Technical Institute would be an asset but related experience may be considered
· Ability to install, maintain end user two-way communication equipment as well as other various electronics
· Experience in field work considered and asset
· Well developed interpersonal skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment
· Experience performing basic computer skills including Microsoft Office products, Excel, and other programs

Please inbox me if you would like your resume to be considered.

gagan99

Sep 13, 2012
FSS2012 said:
Hello, We are looking for a Junior Installation Technician to to perform repairs and installations on RF two-way communications, Microwave, AVL, GPS, Cellular, Satellite and other forms of wireless equipment as assigned.

Requirements
Diploma from an accredited Electronic and/ or Technical Institute would be an asset but related experience may be considered
· Ability to install, maintain end user two-way communication equipment as well as other various electronics
· Experience performing basic computer skills including Microsoft Office products, Excel, and other programs

Hello Fss2012,
I would like to apply for this post.Would you please send me a link at singhincontact @ gmail.com.

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
FSS2012 said:

Requirements

where's the location of this job?

Mauiboy

Dec 11, 2012
Hi FSS2012

May I ask if the position is still open, as I also want to apply, kindly send the link on my email add - mb3nidad@yahoo.com.

Thanks a lot!