+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF Test Is Easy or Difficult ????

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
Actually that's scary, I thought b2 is all that was needed but apparently I could have NCLC level 6 or 7 with a b2, and level 6 won't award anything. Let's hope for the best. Also I didn't know that with c1 you can get level 8,9,10. I thought it was only 9 or 10, I think this table is probably wrong. C1 is initially advanced.
Yes, which makes me mad about the test administrators, B2 and C1 are useless, unless it's C2, in which case you know you are NCLC 11. They could easily show the exact score as well, so we would know which NCLC it is. I know some other computer-based tests give scores right away. Anyway, the computer knows the score, otherwise it would not be able to tell if it is B2 or C1 or whatever.

{Beginning of a rant: Ughh, the more I learn french, the more I am tired of anything to do with France, their vacations, their weekends, any excuse not to work. Why not just hire part-time people every weekend to run the tests instead of a week day so we have to miss work, school?! Why not hire some people to check test results faster?! I thought the unemployment rate was high in France?! Why would Canada make themselves a hostage to France when they have perfectly capable people in Quebec? Etc, etc, just need to get my results and forget all this nightmare. End of rant}

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
Remember when we were in high school sitting for an exam, and as soon as we realize how difficult the question, we immediately assume the test or the teacher was wrong?...

No this table isn't wrong...
By the way, your signature is wrong, 50 points extra if you get CLB 9+, not 10+.
Also, CLB 7+, not 6+ for 30 additional points for French.

EdithF86

Star Member
Oct 31, 2016
I've taken the TEF exam twice now and still my results were not good enough so now looking to move to anywhere where they speak French for a while. Might just be my last hope ugh. Anyone know of any study French and work programs? Or some volunteering program?

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
I've taken the TEF exam twice now and still my results were not good enough so now looking to move to anywhere where they speak French for a while. Might just be my last hope ugh. Anyone know of any study French and work programs? Or some volunteering program?
Where are you located? Which parts are you failing?