+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF queries

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Hi! Yes, even though I did not study at the alliance française, they do allow 'external candidates' to appear for DELF exams.

I have found some friends online (randomly tbh) for practicing but do you have any other suggestions?
Honestly, the best way is to find someone who speaks the language, paid ones if nobody volunteers for free. I know it costs a lot and still is a partial solution. Nothing beats immersion into a language.

Else, record and playback your conversation. Practice with others whenever you can. It's going to be a long hard road but you should see gradual improvement

suga-san

Mar 28, 2020
Honestly, the best way is to find someone who speaks the language, paid ones if nobody volunteers for free. I know it costs a lot and still is a partial solution. Nothing beats immersion into a language.

Else, record and playback your conversation. Practice with others whenever you can. It's going to be a long hard road but you should see gradual improvement

ohh... that sounds challenging - but it is what it is I guess.

how about you? Have you already passed TEF?

snerosh

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hello! I am also hoping to take the TEF exam soon for Canada immigration. I have done up to DELF B1 level. Could you tell me any study materials I can access online to practice? Thanking you in advance!
Hi I'm also planning to do the tef... would be great to connect if possible for practice.. thanks

Reactions: Saï Ram 15

snerosh

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hello RamoR, i would request you to please help me as I will be giving the exam next month, please. Can we connect please? My email id is nair.rashmi.r@gmail.com any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Reshmi.. if possible can I please ask about your experiences of tef my email is snedden14@gmail.com
I am going to take the tef for immigration purposes in july.. I have done a2 delf one year back n now studying b1 level.. would appreciate any study tips.. merci a vous

snerosh

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hi! Well I've been self-studying so far and to measure my progress I have been giving DELF exams as milestones. I cleared A1 and gave A2 this week.

But now I am looking to fully focus on TEF exam pattern only but I am confused if I should continue self-study or find a tutor.

So far for self-study I've been using 'The Complete Beginner French Course' by TalkInFrench.com . Along with that I listen to music, watch series and movies in French - just the miscellaneous stuff.

Now I am thinking for self-study I will opt for PrepMyFuture.com but I am not sure if it will be enough.

I am also looking at tutors from italki but to be honest that's super expensive for someone earning in rupee currency. Also, there is no guarantee of success.

So right now, I am confused on how I should move forward. If anyone here has any suggestions please please please let your advice flow. You can also contact me on vastavikta.gandhi17@gmail.com

Bonne chance et merci tout le monde <3
Hello. if possible can I please ask about your experiences of tef my email is snedden14@gmail.com
I am going to take the tef for immigration purposes in july.. I have done a2 delf one year back n now studying b1 level.. would appreciate any study tips.. merci a vous

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
I can help you as I took TEF Canada test in Canada.
I need to know your level and the time frame you have to advise you about which websites and how many hours per day you need to reach Advanced B2 or C1.
Generally, the most beneficial website I used to start with is Lawless French, it will teach you about grammar to reach C1 level in an easy way. Reading, Listening and writing are available there as well.
For listening, I used Netflix movies in french audio, and subtitles also Français Authentique podcasts daily.
For reading, I used News in Slow French, you can try that for free for a week and see if it helps you. Also, read light novels to learn vocabularies and speed up your reading.
From my experience, the most difficult test is writing. If you need help I can help you with that, and you can watch Mimi TEF tutoring, she goes through samples in all sections and how you should handle them.

If you need any help let me know. It is doable if you have the will you can make it within a year or 14 months, even if you start from scratch. But you have to dedicate yourself and study daily.
Hi,can you please let me know as to how can we book a tef test in Toronto and is it only TEF or we can do TCF for Pr application.Thanks

Hiten85a

Mar 5, 2018
Hello! May I ask what materials/study methods/tutors you used to reach B1 level?

Also the PrepMyFuture.com TEF course looks promising in terms of practice. Maybe you can check that out?

Bonne chance!
Hello everyone, I want to start learning French from scratch , can anyone advice do I need to learn from french institute teaches levels A1 , A2, B1 & B2 and then appear for exam as my target is CLB 7 ( my score will become 490) or from private tutor mainly focus on TEF Canada.

Hiten85a

Mar 5, 2018
Hello everyone, I want to start learning French from scratch , can anyone advice do I need to learn from french institute teaches levels A1 , A2, B1 & B2 and then appear for exam as my target is CLB 7 ( my score will become 490) or from private tutor mainly focus on TEF Canada.
Any advice to get my CLB 7 target.