+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF queries

suga-san

Mar 28, 2020
Hello! I am planning to appear for TEF to improve my CRS score.

I need help with the following:
1. TEF sample papers and detailed exam pattern
2. Reliable online tutor (or sources of such)
3. Materials with tests and answers

Please let me know the sites from which I can find the above mentioned.

Also, feel free to give any advise you find necessary if you've appeared for TEF Canada.

Thank you!

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hello! I am planning to appear for TEF to improve my CRS score.

I need help with the following:
1. TEF sample papers and detailed exam pattern
2. Reliable online tutor (or sources of such)
3. Materials with tests and answers

Please let me know the sites from which I can find the above mentioned.

Also, feel free to give any advise you find necessary if you've appeared for TEF Canada.

Thank you!
I can help you as I took TEF Canada test in Canada.
I need to know your level and the time frame you have to advise you about which websites and how many hours per day you need to reach Advanced B2 or C1.
Generally, the most beneficial website I used to start with is Lawless French, it will teach you about grammar to reach C1 level in an easy way. Reading, Listening and writing are available there as well.
For listening, I used Netflix movies in french audio, and subtitles also Français Authentique podcasts daily.
For reading, I used News in Slow French, you can try that for free for a week and see if it helps you. Also, read light novels to learn vocabularies and speed up your reading.
From my experience, the most difficult test is writing. If you need help I can help you with that, and you can watch Mimi TEF tutoring, she goes through samples in all sections and how you should handle them.

If you need any help let me know. It is doable if you have the will you can make it within a year or 14 months, even if you start from scratch. But you have to dedicate yourself and study daily.

suga-san

Mar 28, 2020
I need to know your level and the time frame you have to advise you about which websites and how many hours per day you need to reach Advanced B2 or C1.
Generally, the most beneficial website I used to start with is Lawless French, it will teach you about grammar to reach C1 level in an easy way. Reading, Listening and writing are available there as well.
For listening, I used Netflix movies in french audio, and subtitles also Français Authentique podcasts daily.
For reading, I used News in Slow French, you can try that for free for a week and see if it helps you. Also, read light novels to learn vocabularies and speed up your reading.
From my experience, the most difficult test is writing. If you need help I can help you with that, and you can watch Mimi TEF tutoring, she goes through samples in all sections and how you should handle them.

If you need any help let me know. It is doable if you have the will you can make it within a year or 14 months, even if you start from scratch. But you have to dedicate yourself and study daily.

Oh, you've taken the test? Parfait! My level is zero, I've just started learning a month ago. For Grammar, I am using Collins 'easy learning French Grammar & Practice' workbook. Merci beaucoup for all the references you've shared. I shall check all of them out.

Can we connect via mail? My mail id is vastavikta.gandhi17@gmail.com. And I'd really appreciate your help.

I am having a hard time finding someone to overlook my progress. The local tutors have a very bad accent (and though I know I'll never be able to speak in a French accent, I at least want to be understood well) and most of the group classes include people who are learning French for fun, hence, they're very casual. The online tutors generally charge a crazy amount but if you ever had any online tutor that you recommend then I'd surely give it a shot.

I hope that you do reply to this thread or connect to me via mail. It'd be great to be in-touch with someone who has passed TEF through my journey.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Oh, you've taken the test? Parfait! My level is zero, I've just started learning a month ago. For Grammar, I am using Collins 'easy learning French Grammar & Practice' workbook. Merci beaucoup for all the references you've shared. I shall check all of them out.

Can we connect via mail? My mail id is vastavikta.gandhi17@gmail.com. And I'd really appreciate your help.

I am having a hard time finding someone to overlook my progress. The local tutors have a very bad accent (and though I know I'll never be able to speak in a French accent, I at least want to be understood well) and most of the group classes include people who are learning French for fun, hence, they're very casual. The online tutors generally charge a crazy amount but if you ever had any online tutor that you recommend then I'd surely give it a shot.

I hope that you do reply to this thread or connect to me via mail. It'd be great to be in-touch with someone who has passed TEF through my journey.
I will help you to the best of my ability..with pleasure. Do not worry

vss3271

Sep 6, 2020
I will help you to the best of my ability..with pleasure. Do not worry
Hi, I'm also in the same journey. I have been learning on my own for the past 6 months and I believe I have reached B1. But, not perfectly. Would you be able to help me out please?

The polyglot1

Sep 6, 2020
Passing TEF takes a lot of preparation & strategies. Self learning is good, but won't be enough. One would need either a physical class or online class to succeed. But it is doable, I believe.

Saï Ram 15

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
I

Need a bit of motivation from you I'm studying since a year now I feel the route is endless but I'm progressing each day please reply

BallyCanada

Oct 20, 2020

Hey. Can you please share material with me too?

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hey. Can you please share material with me too?
I will send you the material I got from one of the members. which was so helpful. I can help you with your writing progress as much as I can. Oral you do not have to worry about the accent the most important is the structure and confidence. Practice will help you with that, I can send you several possible questions and at a certain point, you will find it repetitive. With listening please set up any streaming platform to French.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
I

Need a bit of motivation from you I'm studying since a year now I feel the route is endless but I'm progressing each day please reply
I

Sorry for the delay. please send me your email address to follow up with you and see how this can work out in your best interest. I will send you everything I have and give you hints on how to handle it. A year will be very good, do not feel bad at some point you will put everything you learned together and be more confident with it.