+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF queries

Jag2020

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
I can help you as I took TEF Canada test in Canada.
I need to know your level and the time frame you have to advise you about which websites and how many hours per day you need to reach Advanced B2 or C1.
Generally, the most beneficial website I used to start with is Lawless French, it will teach you about grammar to reach C1 level in an easy way. Reading, Listening and writing are available there as well.
For listening, I used Netflix movies in french audio, and subtitles also Français Authentique podcasts daily.
For reading, I used News in Slow French, you can try that for free for a week and see if it helps you. Also, read light novels to learn vocabularies and speed up your reading.
From my experience, the most difficult test is writing. If you need help I can help you with that, and you can watch Mimi TEF tutoring, she goes through samples in all sections and how you should handle them.

If you need any help let me know. It is doable if you have the will you can make it within a year or 14 months, even if you start from scratch. But you have to dedicate yourself and study daily.
Hello Ramor02 : I need few basic information to understand from where I need to start. Let me know can i send you a direct message

Hani424

Dec 17, 2020
Hello everyone,
I am looking for a reliable online tutor for my French speaking and writing for TEF. I know there a number of tutors available online but they charge way too much. Can some please suggest a good tutor, if you or anyone you know have personally worked with them, who does not charge a bomb. Please, I’d really appreciate if anyone can guide me in the right direction for this

JazzKang

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
Oh, you've taken the test? Parfait! My level is zero, I've just started learning a month ago. For Grammar, I am using Collins 'easy learning French Grammar & Practice' workbook. Merci beaucoup for all the references you've shared. I shall check all of them out.

Can we connect via mail? My mail id is vastavikta.gandhi17@gmail.com. And I'd really appreciate your help.

I am having a hard time finding someone to overlook my progress. The local tutors have a very bad accent (and though I know I'll never be able to speak in a French accent, I at least want to be understood well) and most of the group classes include people who are learning French for fun, hence, they're very casual. The online tutors generally charge a crazy amount but if you ever had any online tutor that you recommend then I'd surely give it a shot.

I hope that you do reply to this thread or connect to me via mail. It'd be great to be in-touch with someone who has passed TEF through my journey.
Hey! Hows u prep going??

suga-san

Mar 28, 2020
I can help you as I took TEF Canada test in Canada.
I need to know your level and the time frame you have to advise you about which websites and how many hours per day you need to reach Advanced B2 or C1.
Generally, the most beneficial website I used to start with is Lawless French, it will teach you about grammar to reach C1 level in an easy way. Reading, Listening and writing are available there as well.
For listening, I used Netflix movies in french audio, and subtitles also Français Authentique podcasts daily.
For reading, I used News in Slow French, you can try that for free for a week and see if it helps you. Also, read light novels to learn vocabularies and speed up your reading.
From my experience, the most difficult test is writing. If you need help I can help you with that, and you can watch Mimi TEF tutoring, she goes through samples in all sections and how you should handle them.

If you need any help let me know. It is doable if you have the will you can make it within a year or 14 months, even if you start from scratch. But you have to dedicate yourself and study daily.

Hello please contact me on vastavikta.gandhi17@gmail.com

I really need support of someone who has cleared TEF

Mar 15, 2021
I will send you the material I got from one of the members. which was so helpful. I can help you with your writing progress as much as I can. Oral you do not have to worry about the accent the most important is the structure and confidence. Practice will help you with that, I can send you several possible questions and at a certain point, you will find it repetitive. With listening please set up any streaming platform to French.
Hi there,
Can you please share materials with me too.
Started learning with Alliance Francaise last month, but I would like to speed up the process
Email: cifediora4@gmail.com

Thank you so much.

suga-san

Mar 28, 2020
Hey! Hows u prep going??

Hi! Well I've been self-studying so far and to measure my progress I have been giving DELF exams as milestones. I cleared A1 and gave A2 this week.

But now I am looking to fully focus on TEF exam pattern only but I am confused if I should continue self-study or find a tutor.

So far for self-study I've been using 'The Complete Beginner French Course' by TalkInFrench.com . Along with that I listen to music, watch series and movies in French - just the miscellaneous stuff.

Now I am thinking for self-study I will opt for PrepMyFuture.com but I am not sure if it will be enough.

I am also looking at tutors from italki but to be honest that's super expensive for someone earning in rupee currency. Also, there is no guarantee of success.

So right now, I am confused on how I should move forward. If anyone here has any suggestions please please please let your advice flow. You can also contact me on vastavikta.gandhi17@gmail.com

Bonne chance et merci tout le monde <3

Reactions: aleenaah

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Hi! Well I've been self-studying so far and to measure my progress I have been giving DELF exams as milestones. I cleared A1 and gave A2 this week.

But now I am looking to fully focus on TEF exam pattern only but I am confused if I should continue self-study or find a tutor.

So far for self-study I've been using 'The Complete Beginner French Course' by TalkInFrench.com . Along with that I listen to music, watch series and movies in French - just the miscellaneous stuff.

Now I am thinking for self-study I will opt for PrepMyFuture.com but I am not sure if it will be enough.

I am also looking at tutors from italki but to be honest that's super expensive for someone earning in rupee currency. Also, there is no guarantee of success.

So right now, I am confused on how I should move forward. If anyone here has any suggestions please please please let your advice flow. You can also contact me on vastavikta.gandhi17@gmail.com

Bonne chance et merci tout le monde <3
Have you been taking delf administered by accredited agencies like AF? If not then how are you able to evaluate your spoken french proficiency. Note that for new learners starting from scratch, speaking and listening could be the toughest skills to master.
You will have to find a way to practice speaking the language, preferably with somebody who knows the language, no way around that

suga-san

Mar 28, 2020
Have you been taking delf administered by accredited agencies like AF? If not then how are you able to evaluate your spoken french proficiency. Note that for new learners starting from scratch, speaking and listening could be the toughest skills to master.
You will have to find a way to practice speaking the language, preferably with somebody who knows the language, no way around that

Hi! Yes, even though I did not study at the alliance française, they do allow 'external candidates' to appear for DELF exams.

I have found some friends online (randomly tbh) for practicing but do you have any other suggestions?

dami3

Mar 23, 2021
Hello! I am also hoping to take the TEF exam soon for Canada immigration. I have done up to DELF B1 level. Could you tell me any study materials I can access online to practice? Thanking you in advance!

Reactions: Saï Ram 15

suga-san

Mar 28, 2020
Hello! I am also hoping to take the TEF exam soon for Canada immigration. I have done up to DELF B1 level. Could you tell me any study materials I can access online to practice? Thanking you in advance!

Hello! May I ask what materials/study methods/tutors you used to reach B1 level?

Also the PrepMyFuture.com TEF course looks promising in terms of practice. Maybe you can check that out?

Bonne chance!