02-06-2016
Good-good! And what about TEF?

alzs-

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In Brazil, they only offer the regular TEF, but they write manually TEF Canada on the form. The only differences from regular TEF to TEF Canada are that you must take an additional test (speaking) and that they ignore the results of lexicon (lexique).

TEF Canada (http://www.lefrancaisdesaffaires.fr/tests-diplomes/test-evaluation-francais-tef/tef-canada/):
  • Compréhension orale : 40 min – 60 questions
  • Compréhension écrite : 60 min – 50 questions
  • Expression orale : 15 min – 2 sujets à traiter
  • Expression écrite : 60 min – 2 sujets à traiter
TEF General (http://www.lefrancaisdesaffaires.fr/tests-diplomes/test-evaluation-francais-tef/tef-etudes-france/)
  • Lexique et structure : 30 min – 40 questions
The test is normally offered by Alliance Française throughout the world. They should be able to tell you more. If they do not offer specifically TEF Canada, no problem. You will do the regular test, including the lexicon part, and book the speaking, which normally happens on the same day.

Good luck!

Reactions: Karimhamdi and Olli

Olli

Jan 12, 2015
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11 MAY 2015
Nomination.....
02 OCT 2015
AOR Received.
06 NOV 2015
Med's Done....
NOV 2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2016
Thus, TEF does not fit for Express Entry? TEF Canada only?

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018

you do those 4 modules, doesn't matter what they call it.

alzs-

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YES it fits, as long as you do ALSO the speaking test (which you book and pay separately).

M DEV

May 2, 2017
Hey can you just share some information about books related to TEF preparation.
In Brazil, they only offer the regular TEF, but they write manually TEF Canada on the form. The only differences from regular TEF to TEF Canada are that you must take an additional test (speaking) and that they ignore the results of lexicon (lexique).

TEF Canada (http://www.lefrancaisdesaffaires.fr/tests-diplomes/test-evaluation-francais-tef/tef-canada/):
  • Expression orale : 15 min – 2 sujets à traiter
TEF General (http://www.lefrancaisdesaffaires.fr/tests-diplomes/test-evaluation-francais-tef/tef-etudes-france/)
  • Lexique et structure : 30 min – 40 questions
The test is normally offered by Alliance Française throughout the world. They should be able to tell you more. If they do not offer specifically TEF Canada, no problem. You will do the regular test, including the lexicon part, and book the speaking, which normally happens on the same day.

Good luck!

alzs-

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey can you just share some information about books related to TEF preparation.
I used the CD rom
TEF, test d'évaluation du français
Livre avec un CD-Rom Sylvie Pons (Auteur) Gaëlle Karcher (Auteur)

and
TEF test d'évaluation de français
Livre de l'élève CCIP (Auteur) Paru en février 2001 Scolaire / Universitaire (broché)

Bought both on fnac.fr

I liked the second one better, but the first one has more examples.

M DEV

May 2, 2017
I used the CD rom
TEF, test d'évaluation du français
Livre avec un CD-Rom Sylvie Pons (Auteur) Gaëlle Karcher (Auteur)

and
TEF test d'évaluation de français
Livre de l'élève CCIP (Auteur) Paru en février 2001 Scolaire / Universitaire (broché)

Bought both on fnac.fr

I liked the second one better, but the first one has more examples.
So ...u have u cleared french in one go or it took several attempts...
And can u please explain some marking criteria of french language for EE canada

alzs-

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So ...u have u cleared french in one go or it took several attempts...
And can u please explain some marking criteria of french language for EE canada
I took French as the second language to obtain more points. So I only took the test once.

I studied french more than 15 years ago. Back then I was an advanced student and spoke quite well, having spend some time in France.

I took 10 weeks of private lessons, 3x a week, before the exam. It was hard to revive the language and the speaking part was for me the hardest. Speaking sessions comprises of 2 parts. The first you read an add and call to inquire more about it. The second you also read an add, and you have to convince a friend to take part on something mentioned on the add. The second part last longer, and it was very hard to find reasons to motivate the person, which I though to be very antagonizing (I had to convince her to volunteer on an animal shelter and she flat out said I hate animals and I am allergic). Anyways, that was the most difficult part and as expected my poorest grade.

Reading and listening I thought to be VERY easy.

Writing is not difficult either, but it takes practice, which I didn't really have.

With these 2 materials I suggested you will understand the way TEF works, which is very simple. Markings are now based on right answers only, there is no more punishment for wrong answers, so you can go ahead and guess if you don't know. If you take the regular TEF, there is a Lexique part which will be graded but it does not count for Express Entry .

M DEV

May 2, 2017
I took French as the second language to obtain more points. So I only took the test once.

I studied french more than 15 years ago. Back then I was an advanced student and spoke quite well, having spend some time in France.

I took 10 weeks of private lessons, 3x a week, before the exam. It was hard to revive the language and the speaking part was for me the hardest. Speaking sessions comprises of 2 parts. The first you read an add and call to inquire more about it. The second you also read an add, and you have to convince a friend to take part on something mentioned on the add. The second part last longer, and it was very hard to find reasons to motivate the person, which I though to be very antagonizing (I had to convince her to volunteer on an animal shelter and she flat out said I hate animals and I am allergic). Anyways, that was the most difficult part and as expected my poorest grade.

Writing is not difficult either, but it takes practice, which I didn't really have.

With these 2 materials I suggested you will understand the way TEF works, which is very simple. Markings are now based on right answers only, there is no more punishment for wrong answers, so you can go ahead and guess if you don't know. If you take the regular TEF, there is a Lexique part which will be graded but it does not count for Express Entry .
Great .thank you so much for the explanation.
can u suggest me the books which i should refer.

alzs-

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great .thank you so much for the explanation.
can u suggest me the books which i should refer.
I mentioned the books in my earlier post. Take a look. Bought them on fnac.fr

Captain789

May 27, 2018
Hi guys, how do you feel about this exam? I dunno if I should try it to get 4 extra points...I am taking French lessons anyway, but the IELTS nightmare makes me scared. Especially the speaking part I read about...

thamarai

Apr 7, 2024

What do you think, is the minimum score in TEF Canada we must take to get through the EE